So this is Seismic Trap and Toxic Rain league hey? Fun stuff...

"
bgdmm wrote:

Notice something? Now the "same" chart looks quite different, right?

There you go.

You want to compare a chart vs spread out over different periods?

The chart I show has multiple leagues ALL with the same smoothing, so if you were right that is an artifact of the time period, then they all would have it, no?

So why is only 3.15 dropping like a rock?

Why in the same period that it hits 60k, the previous leagues were at 100k?

I am open to your interpretation but just showing different smoothings of ONE league seems less useful than looking at that league compared to others, with the same time scales.
Last edited by trixxar on Oct 26, 2021, 3:39:14 AM
"
trixxar wrote:
"
bgdmm wrote:

Notice something? Now the "same" chart looks quite different, right?

There you go.

You want to compare a chart vs spread out over different periods?

The chart I show has multiple leagues ALL with the same smoothing, so if you were right that is an artifact of the time period, then they all would have it, no?

So why is only 3.15 dropping like a rock?

Why in the same period that it hits 60k, the previous leagues were at 100k?

I am open to your interpretation but just showing different smoothings of ONE league seems less useful than looking at that league compared to others, with the same time scales.

Look at my post again, and reread the last part, I've expanded it.

Simply compare the chart for the same period, Jul21-Aug21 on the 2 charts taken a month apart. Same game, same period, charts look distinctly different. The "drop" is not only for this league, it's the way Steam Charts work, you will see this drop literally every league, after a few days or a week - but only for fresh data!

Look up older posts showing fresh charts for any league. You will see the same "drop", which then disappears 2 months later, when algorithm smooths it out.

Edit: Of course, 3.15 definitely shows less (Steam) players than previous 2 leagues, but is on par with the ones before. But the Steam charts is really skewing the data on their charts, so have to be considered carefully, with some knowledge on what is happening in the background there.
Last edited by bgdmm on Oct 26, 2021, 4:01:14 AM
"
leto2626 wrote:
This happens when half your playerbase only google 'best build poe' cause it uses the fewest amount of brain cells. Those are the same people complaining about the game being stale after 2 weeks and quit. It's just the usual cycle.
A 'starter' only exists for prople playing longer than 2 weeks and we all know that's just me and some other people.

It's nature of many players, nothing devs can do about that. At least they're not catering the game towards those people, that's why the game changes all the time.

Honestly those aren't even the best builds, just the ones with the most clickbait ahead of the league. So it's all good ;)

What else to expect when they nerf everything 2 leagues in a row + league monsters are always overtuned.
Trying to expriment with random builds on its own is currently best way of leaving the game after few days.
"
DarkJen wrote:
But but... There also skellies!

Nerf minions now!
Spoiler
on 20th time

LMAO

The only reliable minions left for league starts in both SSF and trade league.

Positives are:

They deal phys damage which is an advantage vs elemental minions since the damage is not cut in half vs endgame bosses.

Skeletons do lots of phys damage and you can spam them.

Work well with impale and support spectres that buff attack speed, like the frenzy apes or the more useful Arena Masters.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
"
gandhar0 wrote:

Work well with impale and support spectres that buff attack speed, like the frenzy apes or the more useful Arena Masters.

Woah woah woah, frenzy apes way more juiced than arena masters they just die more.

As to OP this was predictable from the start, TR has been OP but unnerfed for a good series of leagues now and is a great choice to start with and seismic trap was the hot shit last league and again wasn't nerfed at all.

GGG coulda preempted it by nerfing those early but I think its important for players to have a strong option to start with usually... though maybe not in this league lmao
You cant judge meta yet. Those builds just work good without gear like league starters should. Meta will evolve like always, the only exception was legion when it was cyclone all the way.
It's a highlight to what will be nerfed, next league.
We all know there's a disparity between certain gem scaling skills and most weapon scaling skills. Certain gem scaling skills needs way less offensive passive points on the tree, freeing up much more room for defenses and utility.

There's also a great disparity between how easy it is to craft an endgame-worthy bow for a toxic rain character (or ranged DoT character in general) and a lot of other builds.

The sum? A LOT of people are playing Toxic Rain.

There will ALWAYS be some builds that are better than others. ALWAYS. And theorycrafters and planners will identify these build before a league. Other players will flock to these builds like sheep, because they want the path of least resistance. This is nothing new - and will always be the case.

People are using Legion and Harvest as examples of "great build diversity", but those leagues had similar numbers. Legion had what, 60% of players playing cyclone? And in Harvest we had huge numbers playing Bladblast (etc).

Should GGG do something about the overall scaling of skills/gems? Of course. Would there still be a handful of builds more played than others at league launch? Yes.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Poisonous concoction is the sleeper build this league I think.
"
Aynix wrote:
"
leto2626 wrote:
This happens when half your playerbase only google 'best build poe' cause it uses the fewest amount of brain cells. Those are the same people complaining about the game being stale after 2 weeks and quit. It's just the usual cycle.
A 'starter' only exists for prople playing longer than 2 weeks and we all know that's just me and some other people.

It's nature of many players, nothing devs can do about that. At least they're not catering the game towards those people, that's why the game changes all the time.

Honestly those aren't even the best builds, just the ones with the most clickbait ahead of the league. So it's all good ;)

What else to expect when they nerf everything 2 leagues in a row + league monsters are always overtuned.
Trying to expriment with random builds on its own is currently best way of leaving the game after few days.

I fully disagree. I’m just having fun trying different builds dying to client issues.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info