Drop rates and currency is terrible this league?

I've never had a worse league start. I haven't found a single rare item that's worth selling. By now I'd typically have found several Life/Resist pieces that would be worth at least a couple Chaos Orbs. I've found nothing. Nothing to gear myself, and I've found a total of Seven raw Chaos Orbs and five Alchemy orbs.

I can't even gear my character for maps, for the first time ever. This point in Ultimatum League I already had a couple Exalts and seventy some odd Chaos.

There are no drops from the league mechanic, and drop rates in general appear to have been nerfed.

And the league mechanic is interesting, it should probably be made Core moving forward, I like it in general-- but it's not enough? There should be better loot from taking part in the League mechanic, instead of this weird quasi crafting Gambling system that, again, has a place in the game and is interesting and well thought out; but damn... There's a reason I don't play Standard. Without a League Mechanic that has some drops attached to it the game is pretty bland.

I recognize that at least part of this is just RNG, maybe I've just had terrible luck this time around, but I see the same thing repeated by many people and my criticism of the League Mechanics rewards compared to leagues such as Ultimatum can't really be refuted or argued. I was pulling multiple Chaos out of every Ultimatum event I took part in. I don't even see the point in doing Scourge mechanics unless I'm trying to craft something specific, and that's not how the majority of people play this game; most of us just enjoy playing it in a much less focused way.

Anyways, I'll be playing New World I guess.
Last bumped on Oct 27, 2021, 11:35:30 AM
Same for me, I'm 86 and besides a good rare hunter influenced quiver I didn't drop anything of value, I can't even sustain alcs from maps, I need to trade in order to buy them in bulk.
It's definitely on the lower side. Now i don't know if it's because they spoilt us the past two leagues, or they just nerfed it.

I don't even remember the last time I got so few currency orbs. Item wise, it's always been crap for me.
you need to grind heists for a few hours until you gear up, or you're going to SUFFER and have to grind really hard... white maps drop fuck all.

I agree this is a major issue.

Nah, random is random. This league I've hard more Uniques and Chaos drops than I have had in the last 2 leagues combined by this point (Act 10).

Terrible? Its better than last time I played (I skipped ultimatum and expedition tho). You see less currency drops, but they drop in stacks instead. Compared to the past, I have way more "low" currency like chance orbs, fusings, chromes, alchemy orbs.
"
Strained wrote:
Nah, random is random. This league I've hard more Uniques and Chaos drops than I have had in the last 2 leagues combined by this point (Act 10).

Now that you mentioned Uniques. My luck this time around is abysmal. I maybe have 4 or 5 so far, and I'm in Act 9 (yeah, super casual, and wasting my time with scourging crap items). In past leagues I usually got around 20 or so low level Uniques by the time I reached act 5.

I don't know what I did, but RNGesus is m ad at me this time around.
Never been so low on currency. I think it's because the league mechanic is not rewarding and I'm not used to play with the atlas passives and such. Trying some heists to get the alchs and chaos reciping for the C for the essence farming. I maybe have 3ex total after 45h, mostly from the recipe.

I wish I knew the mechanic was so unrewarding, I'd have made a different spec. It will take ages this way. Pffff. Crafters seem to do very well though.

Just keep on going I guess :-) though I miss exp. league's alch fountain.
Did you try turning it off and on again?
very low currency drops...AND this is a first this league...almost no yellow items in low maps. i just did 3 tier 1 maps and they all had maybe 3 yellow items each. GGG wont even let us do the chaos recipe now
Scourge mobs don't drop much of value. We kill wave after wave, but drops are super disappointing. Definitely a huge difference from Expedition.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info