List the changes you want to see in scourge league

* bring scourge monsters more in line with map monsters (dmg / speed)

* go easy on the MORE dmg multiplier stacks in scourge.. make it cap at 75-100%

* beneficial stacks build up 2-3x as fast as currently with no cap

* nerf those scourge monsters that cast arc / corrupted lightning (?) stop putting packs of 50 of them together lol

* I fought a scourge boss with 120-150 dmg stacks and they repeatedly 1 shot me, would love to see a melee build fight that boss lol

* give some actual loot (currency) drops after scourge

* make loot drop at the end not scattered all over the map

* get rid of all useless scourged item drops and make loot 2.0 versions drop instead. stop giving us chores (look at this crap item 10x per map) make it worthwhile or don't even drop it.

* massively buff boss drops (minimum 20-30c value of corrupted currency)

* reduce scourge downside mods by 50-75% of current values (for mods that are unavoidable and hurt all builds)

* scourge monster density -50% scourge monster health +150% (for visual clarity)

Last edited by apexmateria1 on Oct 24, 2021, 8:52:49 PM
Last bumped on Oct 25, 2021, 3:19:29 PM
Sounds like you want the game to be easy. Great. We need people like you. What we don't need is to have the developers cave to them

What we need is a way to mitigate the problems through careful thought/planning. We have quite a bit of that.

All I'd like to see them change is to lower the rate that the blood fills up, but increase the time in the event by the same amount.

Item drops are fine. You're seeing their first generation. Once the currency stuff is figured in, some of these items are going to be amazing. You just can't expect to get amazing stuff all the time, or right off the bat.

Currency has been all but non-existant for me. I've gotten one so far... an armor scrap. I hope that they change that. It's just no fun not to have access to them. I know they're worried about trade, and how collecting too much currency too quickly can ruin the game. But they've really erred on the side of caution here.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Oct 24, 2021, 11:02:31 AM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Sounds like you want the game to be easy. Great. We need people like you. What we don't need is to have the developers cave to them

Not sure how you figure that I want the game to be easy.. feel free to explain.

How is it good game design to have league monsters doing 200% more damage and in some cases having 2-3x the move speed compared to regular map monsters?

If devs want to get sadistic on difficulty that's fine but do it in t16+ maps and make the rewards worth it.

GGG managed to pull a classic once again.

They designed a cool and interesting league mechanic but made the monsters overtuned and the rewards underwhelming.

I'm in Red maps and starting to realize it's not worth doing scourge.
I'm just gonna ignore the league mechanic until they fix it, like they had to do with LITERALLY every single league mechanic they've ever released.

I don't understand how GGG manages to have this issue every single league.
And it always causes people to quit early which is bad for the game overall.

Just like, Heist, Harvest, Expedition et.c. GGG will be forced to buff the rewards and nerf the monsters because of the poor tuning.

Just wait until the majority of people get to red maps and we'll start seeing a massive outcry from the community. This is the rippiest league I've played so far and one of the worst in terms of rewards. You literally drop 40 corrupted rares per map, that's about it.
Last edited by Deadandlivin on Oct 24, 2021, 11:21:17 AM
They have this "issue" every league because they have to design a game that can be played by characters that are geared up to the nth degree as well as characters who are just starting out. You're running content that's designed to be difficult even for characters who trade for gear a month from now. Of course they've "over-tuned" it. Grats on getting that far so soon.

Asking them to make sure "good" stuff drops every time you do something is only going to degrade what people cosider "good". Make do with what you get. The high end stuff can wait until you have better stuff... which happens with time.
I'm with Shags, Leagues are always over-tuned at the start, Delirium, Metamorph for 2 good examples.
It hasn't even been 2 days yet.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
make the new scourge mobs easier to spectre also reduce dmg a bit or make spawn rate a bit less hectic at least for the campain
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
It's "hectic" because no one is actually gearing up while they're blasting through the campaign to get to maps. Your gear likely sucks. Mine does. It's all out of whack because I don't care to tune it.

I'm not sure at all that they should cater to that.

I'll add that the "feedback" that is given by people who have blasted through the content within the first 24 hours should be taken with that in mind.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Oct 24, 2021, 12:40:04 PM
I want to see a change to Vigilant Strike.

I thought it would grant 20 fortify on hit (no more cannot be evaded, rather long cooldown that can be mitigated by spending endurance charges, was easy to miss with even with cannot be evaded), but it works like the fortify gem. The only difference is that its duration is 8s.
However, since hardly anyone would use it as their default skill, linking it so it deals more damage and gives you 20 fortify isn't really a good option. You could just go Leap Slam/ Shield Charge + Fortify (+ 1 or 2 damage supports) instead doing the same with Vigilant Strike, which does not also give you mobility and has aiming issues... or rather does nothing to mitigate the aiming issues of the player, unless Leap Slam.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
Ignoring the "Harder is always better, git gud noob" crowd, I would say;

- Increase time in scourge by 100%, and make blood bar fill up half as fast

- Remove "cannot deal X type of damage" from scourge downsides, it makes the game feel stupid "+X fire damage, cannot deal fire damage" is not interesting or amusing, it makes the developers just look stupid particularly to new players.

- Put in 3 crucible slots to aim for attack / spell / defensive corruption. The slot machine is just worthless as is right now, basically skip except for increasing map drops.

- Broadly, less loot overall is fine, but you did nothing to improve the loot that dropped. Having hoards of bad loot was not great, but not we just have smaller amounts of equally bad loot. Balance the reduction in rare drops / currency with increases in quality.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info