new scourge corruptions thoughts

Instead of putting a cap of three levels of scourge corruptions on items, I would have liked to have seen this not be capped but just require exponentially more scourge kills for every new level. You could easily set this up that tier 3 or 4 is the highest reasonable level achievable, but if you really wanted to focus on one item and grind on it extensively they could work towards higher tiers of corruption.
I don't think this would be unbalanced as people choosing to focus on one item wouldn't be getting other items to high tier of corruptions. I also think it would give people a permanent chase item and the few people that took the time to get an item to an insane level of corruption would have truly legendary items.
Last bumped on Oct 17, 2021, 10:05:07 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
According to what I know value of reward (corruption) increases with every scourge corruption.
Tier 1 and 2 is when you want to get some small bonus.
Tier 3 is for big boys and works similar to normal vaal but smaller chance to make item bad.
We also have 10% chance to link unlinked socket on corruption.

Assuming "unlimited" corruption system we would get perfect 6link literally for free (no risk, no currency spend, you invest only time).

Sorry but vaal without risk is a NO.
well, I don't know about the linking mechanisms, but it would probably be very inefficient to use this method for getting a six link.
I think there would be a risk, the risk is time... if you spent a couple weeks getting the device to tier X and the corruption was terrible, the amount of time to potentially fix it by going to the next tier would be even longer. This would quickly become untenable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info