New league mode: SSP, slow single player.

We got SSF for players who want to restrict themselves loot and tradewise.
This doesn't help the 99% who never see end game, because it's too hard.
That's why this SSP is what we need.

This could be played offline, and SSP chars can't migrate anywhere.
You can still connect and party with other SSP players.

Everything is slowed down, player/monster attack/cast/movement speeds are set within a certain min/max capped range that doesn't leak into the ridiculous "mega hype blaster" arcade screen melting shooter pooper game that current POE has become.

Imagine the early levels in diablo 1 and 2, or just poe zones up to act 2, without any turbo twink unique gear. It's hard to display what I mean without actual video examples, not to mention go through all the monsters + bosses, but the goal would be to have their animations capped in a realistic range.
What's a point of having animations if you make them so fast the eye can't even register anything?

Sadly this will never happen since it requires too much balance work, slowing everything down. Delve could be fixed to not have the car move ahead so the player doesn't get left behind in the dark.

I'm absolutely sure that this would get a ton of players who would enjoy the game, a solo playthrough on any build, having clear telegraphs in every fight, with a combat log to see how and why they died if that happens. Yeah, add a combat log too now that you got far less mobs density, slower pace, it's finally viable.

Last bumped on Oct 17, 2021, 11:52:12 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I think you are describing the ' Hard Mode ' Chris talked about, that should be coming some time soon.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. " ~ Hunter S Thompson ~

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info