GJ you delivered (I take a stand in favour of GGG)

Chris in 3.15 announced:

- no bad uniques: 6 uniques, not a lot but so far they look amazing. Gj in focusing into doing a few good uniques than many trash ones.- deal with aura bots: improved 1-3 aura users, nerfed 20+ aura users. Fantastic, they found a way to nerf aura bots without nerfing the average Joe aura user

- we need to rain back a little power creep to have space to introduce new stuff in the future: this league is a massive amount of power creep and extension of difficulty ceiling so that people will get more spread out along the path to deity. I see a lot of player retention due to "fun progression", opposed to the previous "chore" (creating endgame items is much more fun than running super easy delves for hours to reach the point where it is useful for example)

- improve communication: problem->solution + feedback from community looks like it is working quite well

- only good skills: tornado looks clunky but cool. Time warp looks amazing full stop. Energy blade looks underwhelming (numerically only). Poisonous concoction: I do not know. The party skills look very powerful. I also see a trap that they avoided: the party skills are actually 1 skill for the most part (graphics, linking etc) with just some of the effects changed. They could have announced in the teasers "10 new skillzzz!" and people would have complained that they are not really 10 new skills, it is like 5.5. Now nobody is complaining and everybody is happy to have new skills. 

- reduction of chore and improved QoL: amazing 

- passive tree masteries: the cherry on top, nobody was expecting this. One of the most exciting parts for experienced players- endgame extension and chase content: delivered, so much revamped stuff to deal with

GJ GGG. You promised, you delivered. 
PS:This post comes from someone who plays cold dot builds (slightly nerfed this league). 
Last edited by entalpia on Oct 16, 2021, 7:50:10 AM
Last bumped on Oct 17, 2021, 10:41:13 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Fully agree on what you've put down, with one small critique: I would love to see metashifts not only with nerfing popular stuff but also with clear and MEANINGFUL buffs to weak gems, stuff like lightning tendrils, storm burst, cobra lash, spectral throw and probably 20-30 more that could really need some love. That would also lead to more build diversity, not everyone needs to play the best in slot as long as alternatives feel good and rewarding to pick them up, but the above mentioned do not at all.
"I take a stand in favour of GGG"

Large corporation that does not care about you thanks you for your simping!

Surely there was never a time before you could do such a thing - only now! /s
I took the stand for GGG other times in the past. I am doing it now because I recognize their achievements. I do not really get your point
release is in ~1week isnt it?

so they havent delivered anything yet. patch notes are subject to change, gem values are subject to change, uniques are subject to change and QoL is subject to bugs and nuances in execution that could make them nonQoL

the pre-order culture kinda ruined gaming industry already. are we getting into pre-review era?

patch notes are out with numbers. Usually they stick with them with very few exceptions.

Do you really think they will revert like 90% of what is in the patch notes? Your comment will not age so well
Sorry OP, but GGG did nothing to reign in powercreep. In fact they've done the opposite and continued to push out more that benefits the wealthy. Tell me: Did GGG ever do anything about T1 mods, influenced mods, elevated mods, cluster jewel stacking? The only thing they did was hit support gems, things that everyone used including the poor. Now in 3.16 we're getting a new chase unique belt that makes flask piano unnecessary plus Scourge crafting to make GG implicits.

The game's only got harder and grindier for the poor and middling players for absolutely no reason, but it remains incredibly easy for those who have vast amounts of currency. Killing EE hurts the poor. Killing spell block on gladiator hurts the poor.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
Last edited by Pizzarugi on Oct 17, 2021, 10:26:28 AM
jewel stacking for aura bots cannot get out of control anymore so, that is 1 thing they reigned in.

They also hit perma-flasks. Something that made chase uniques like mageblood superfluous.

Obviously power-creep will always be there. I was talking about what they promised and what they delivered.

Slashing in 2 atlas progression, speeding up delve, removing the grind for trials for sure is for everybody. They really removed a lot of the boring grinding that was there before.

I do not understand your whining about the poor treated badly. Everybody starts from 0 in a league. Who has more knowledge (in the game, in the economy) gets an edge and becomes rich. If everybody were at the same level of knowledge nobody would be reacher than the others. Who plays better deserves to progress more in the game.

What is the problem with T1 mods, influenced mods, elevated mods, cluster jewel stacking? Someone who plays the game more/plays the economy better deserves to have an edge. Otherwise you can play supermario where everything is about skill and there is no build. It is another concept entirely.
Last edited by entalpia on Oct 17, 2021, 10:41:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info