Critical Strike Chance Needed to For Ice Trapper?

Hi all,

I was wondering if you needed to stack critical strike chance and critical strike multiplier to make an ice trapper saboteur to progress further and further into maps? Like what other way is there to progress Ice trap into the end game, for instance increasing ice trap etc. I made the decision pretty early on to avoid critical strike chance/multiplier, but finally looking at poe.ninja it looks like you need it to get to higher tier maps.

I just finished the campaign and its felt pretty good so far, but as I've been planning my passive tree as I've been going, it feels like its time to finally decide what i'm gonna do.
Last bumped on Sep 5, 2021, 8:55:01 PM
well it's not "needed" but you probably end up with like third of the damage vs. those guys that go crit.

there is just not easy way to increase your base damage enough and even if there was the crit guys would do that too :)

i cannot see your characters(they are hidden by default) but i dont think your average non-crit trap tree is that much different as the crit tree.

you can get 18(or even more these days?) re-spec points from side quests... so tinkering should not be a huge issue
d:-D*
Last edited by PyleWarlord on Sep 5, 2021, 12:37:54 PM
Crit is an all or nothing deal so I wouldn't do any massive respecs until you can get something like 70%+ crit rate at least.
Украина в моём сердце
We all get complete optional respec at the start of a new league (even in standard).

Ok, thats some weeks in the future.
I don't see why you wouldn't go for crit. As PyleWarlord said, there isn't much else on the tree other than some increased damage nodes which are weak. Using increased critical strike chance support, diamond flask and explosives expert ascendancy will put you at around 75% crit chance and up to 92% against bosses with assassin's mark (assuming you are taking the crit chance trap nodes and have 120% crit chance across both weapon slots).

I don't think its necessary to get 100% crit, I progressed to red maps without explosives expert ascendancy (went for chain reaction for aoe) using basic gear on a corrupted +2 4-link - and had no issues. Upgrading to a +2 tabula provided a stupid amount of damage. I was probably at around 70% crit while mapping and ~90% against bosses and it was fine.
Last edited by BrettLee on Sep 5, 2021, 8:55:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info