Anyone knows how "Self-fulfilling prophecy" works ?

Hello guys, I can't figure out how this one works and I was wondering if someone could help me out
It's the medium cluster jewel passive.

Says:
"+1% critical chance OF herald skills
+15% crit multiplier if you dealt a crit with a herald skill recently"

Except it doesn't seem to change my DPS if I remove it, so I assume this only applies, basically like it says, to the herald skill if I used to to deal damage, and doesn't apply to my regular attack skill.

Does this mean this works only with herald of thunder's automatic lightning attack ? It's the only attack that I know of that would come directly from the herald skill.
That'd be pretty underwhelming.
Last bumped on Sep 6, 2021, 4:30:24 AM
It applies to the damage that heralds are doing(the automatic attack), not the buff part that gives damage to your other skills. It's really good for builds that use heralds as their main damage source
Ok, but are there any other damage source from heralds except the lightning ?
"
LFA01 wrote:

sure there are.

agony makes the crawler, it does crazy damage.
purity makes sentinels, which do moderate dps.

ice and fire both make explosions on killing targets with specific ailments. these are the 2 important ones, because theyre used in the 'autobomber' builds.
"
Thror2k5 wrote:
"
LFA01 wrote:

sure there are.

ice and fire both make explosions on killing targets with specific ailments. these are the 2 important ones, because theyre used in the 'autobomber' builds.

It is worth noting that the Agony Crawler and Sentinels of Purity will not proc the second part, because you need to deal a critical strike with a herald skill for that and your minions are not you, though they should benefit from the critical strike chance as far as I understand it. Since Herald of Ash only deals damage over time, only Herald of Ice and Herald of Thunder can cause hits that are your critical strikes.
"
"
Thror2k5 wrote:
"
LFA01 wrote:

sure there are.

It is worth noting that the Agony Crawler and Sentinels of Purity will not proc the second part, because you need to deal a critical strike with a herald skill for that and your minions are not you, though they should benefit from the critical strike chance as far as I understand it. Since Herald of Ash only deals damage over time, only Herald of Ice and Herald of Thunder can cause hits that are your critical strikes.

I've thought about it, and maybe Herald of ice can do that too.
It explodes the frozen enemies you kill for soem AoE damage, maybe this counts too ?

As for the minions not proccing, you are probably right, so they don't give you more crit multipliers, but they have mroe crit chances for themselves ?
Last edited by LFA01 on Sep 5, 2021, 8:53:18 PM
"
LFA01 wrote:
I've thought about it, and maybe Herald of ice can do that too.
It explodes the frozen enemies you kill for soem AoE damage, maybe this counts too ?

As for the minions not proccing, you are probably right, so they don't give you more crit multipliers, but they have mroe crit chances for themselves ?

Yes, like I said, Herald of Ice does deal AoE damage when you shatter an enemy which can crit and is your damage.

I am not as confident about minions as I am about the rest of the wording, but my understanding is that since they are minions summoned by herald skills, improving the critical strike chance of herald skills should affect them, yes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info