Been away for nearly two years and could use some help!

I haven't really had much time to play over the last few years. I popped on about 18 months ago and tweaked the build to get it working again, then caught up with some of the new game elements before shutting down again.

I came back a few days ago and found I was short on Dex by 1, which didn't take much to tweak. But the biggest puzzle is why three elements to my build aren't working now.

One is my CWDT/ice golem/minion damage support/life leech support combo.

Two is my CWDT/Immortal call/Increased Duration combo.

The last is my CWDT/Tempest Shield/Molten Shell combo.

Does CWDT not work with them any more? Or is CWDT limited to one now and that's why none of them are working? I thought my three auras might have been sucking up too much of the mana, but even after turning all three off it made no difference.

Like I said, I've been away for a while, so maybe I've forgotten some key element to this. I'd appreciate any pointers. Thanks.
Last bumped on Sep 3, 2021, 8:58:31 PM

Recent change in patch 3.15: All the across the board nerfs to support gems. For CwDT it now has a massive mana multiplier.
I am guessing all your CwDT are quite high levels so you don't have enough mana to trigger your skills.

Cast when Damage Taken:
Now has a 250% Cost and Reservation Multiplier.

Last edited by suitto on Sep 2, 2021, 6:37:08 AM
As I said though, I thought there might have been a mana issue and turned off all my auras, which normally reserve about 90% of the supply (I use a Soultaker as a weapon, so have no concerns about mana on that score) yet having a full supply of mana made no difference. None of those three combos worked.

Note
Since I wrote the above I've played around with my build, thinking that having all three CWDT gems in place might have been causing the issue, triggered or not. So I took out two of them - still nothing. Didn't matter which combo I left the solitary CWDT gem in, it wouldn't work, even with the full supply of over 1000 mana. Weird.
Last edited by timbo1959 on Sep 2, 2021, 12:23:15 PM
Is it because immortal call and molten shell are both guard skills?
Softcore, solo self-found.
-----Currently: -----
Storm Call Occultist in Affliction
"
SunsetVista wrote:
Is it because immortal call and molten shell are both guard skills?

Yes, it is.

Guard skills share a cooldown. One cannot be used if another is on cd.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
Last edited by Sarno on Sep 2, 2021, 10:25:55 PM
Okay, I finally figured it - like I said, I've been away a while!

They are working, it's just a case of the game screen console saying they're not available with 'skill can't be used' for each one, with the associated boxes dimmed as well. Why it does that I don't know.

I hadn't played at all since I came back a few days ago because I was trying to 'solve' the problem, but then I remembered from my playing time before that the console always said my auras didn't have enough mana when they worked just fine - it's still doing it now. So then I started wondering if the same might apply to the CWDT links and sure enough, when I went out on a game run, two of them kicked in just fine.

The only one that didn't is the ice golem due to the percentage increase on CDWT being too much for the combo - I have about 120 mana to spare after my auras take their share, and that's not enough for the ice golem linked to the CWDT, which raised the threshold up to 166 mana with the support gems thrown in. But if I take CWDT out of it and simply flick it on manually, the demand for mana drops to a workable 90 with the support gem I've thrown in to replace CWDT. So two out of three isn't bad. Ice golem now joins the other skills I have to kick in manually!

Thanks for the feedback anyway. It was driving me nuts trying all sorts of angles to figure out what was wrong, when it was perfectly fine all along other than for Ice Golem.

If you've linked them to a trigger like cwdt you can't use it yourself.
As I pointed out, I removed CWDT from the Ice Golem setup and replaced it with another gem for support. Working just fine, though I'm having to get used to triggering it manually after all the time in the past when it popped up automatically. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info