No logbooks in a couple weeks - am I bugged?

I have a 90 witch (first char) and 91 marauder (second).

My witch found 2 logbooks in act 9 campaign, then ~5 more in mapping up to T12/13 ish (almost completely solo map finding, only trading for total 3 maps I think when slightly stuck)

In leveling my 91 marauder through maps and doing the majority of my current 19 atlas watchstones and 12 or so maven invitations with him - this character has not had a single logbook drop (to my recollection). This marauder has done, bar a couple of occasions, every single expedition in every map he's done.

Basically all maps are at least alch'd. (I usually just alch'n'go, unless targeting sulphite or something)

I do the target +%chance for expedition logbook mods - explode that first (and maybe +quant or other + mods) - and then target runic monster totems (with or after), I have never got a logbook drop.

I do the same method for %+ on maps/s.decks/unique etc from runic monsters and get the appropriate drops of those items from runic mobs. I think one time I got 16 stacked decks and was like "woah". Maps and uniques mods for runic monsters have similarly yielded multi-drops.

One map I had two +50% chance to drop logbook mods, hit them, and then 8/9 runic monster totems after that, nothing.

(someone in game asked) yes my item filter shows logbooks, tested dropping a logbook from inventory in a map, even pressing Z to turn crappy loot on and off and it's always there. Big bold text with the appropriate "important loot" sound.

I would have thought, even if I wasn't doing the expeditions in maps properly, just the sheer number of runic mobs I've killed should have yielded a logbook or three with my marauder?

I ask because people in chat were completely shocked that my 91 marauder had found no logbooks - and insisted I must be doing something wrong. that if I've only found 5 logbooks in mapping up to T14-16 and 19 watchstones, I necessarily must be doing something wrong - but according to what I've read and the couple of youtube vids I've watched, I'm doing it right.

Could I just be like one of those poor souls who goes through 8000 fusings without six-linking an item, and thus haven't had any logbooks drop in a couple weeks .... or might there be something more fundamental amiss?

FYI My 91 Marauder, who has mapped up to doing multiple 4 watchstone conqueror missions, and delved to depth 150 odd, has also not had an exalted orb drop.
My witch had two, both in blighted maps. - so yeah, never had an exalted drop in a normal map either this league.

Thanks in advance for input!
Last bumped on Sep 3, 2021, 3:14:18 PM
Well, since I posted this the first map I ran dropped 2 logbooks, and the 3rd dropped another.

Is this coincidence?

Couple hundred maps - no logbooks. Post here. 4 maps later, 3 logbooks.
rng is rng
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
"
GrahamOz wrote:
Well, since I posted this the first map I ran dropped 2 logbooks, and the 3rd dropped another.

Is this coincidence?

Couple hundred maps - no logbooks. Post here. 4 maps later, 3 logbooks.

looks like someone adjusted your droprate. maybe it was broken in some way.
yeah.. GGG staff has been fiddling with individual drop rates of hundreds thousands people, because it is much easier and cheaper than having one loot table and one random number generator for everyone.
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
"
Ludvator wrote:
yeah.. GGG staff has been fiddling with individual drop rates of hundreds thousands people, because it is much easier and cheaper than having one loot table and one random number generator for everyone.

So either I got RNG which made every single person I've mentioned it to go "WTF, that can't happen" (followed by "YOU must be doing something wrong")
-or-
Something was wrong/bug in how their servers/database handled something with my character's drops, which was subsequently fixed. Is it possible for there to be a bug/glitch in individual char data on their servers which affects such?
-or-
??? is there a third or more options?
The third option is that it is Random.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
I finally found one. So .....
"
GrahamOz wrote:
"
Ludvator wrote:

So either I got RNG which made every single person I've mentioned it to go "WTF, that can't happen" (followed by "YOU must be doing something wrong")
-or-
Something was wrong/bug in how their servers/database handled something with my character's drops, which was subsequently fixed. Is it possible for there to be a bug/glitch in individual char data on their servers which affects such?
-or-
??? is there a third or more options?

yes someone probably saw that something was wrong/broken in the database when you posted this and fixed it.

things break all the time. bugs happen all the time. sometimes the easiest answer is the correct one.
Last edited by kompaniet on Sep 1, 2021, 11:53:55 AM
"
kompaniet wrote:

yes someone probably saw that something was wrong/broken in the database when you posted this and fixed it.

things break all the time. bugs happen all the time. sometimes the easiest answer is the correct one.

I'm now up to 7 logbooks since I posted this. (from perhaps 30-40 maps)

Data strongly suggests something was broken and they fixed it.
Last edited by GrahamOz on Sep 3, 2021, 2:12:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info