Need help with my necromancer

Can someone experienced with explosive minion necromancer put an eye in my profile and give me some advise, i'm dying too much in maps up to 10.

Any advice is welcome, because i'm playing since a little time.
Thanks!
Last bumped on Jul 28, 2021, 7:52:48 AM
unfortunately we cant because your chars are set to be private. allow people to see chars in your profile (privacy settings)
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Done, sorry for this, i'm totally a newbie in the forum.
Thanks!
well there are many problems

PoB shows me you have 2.2k Life. You should have at least 4k aiming for 5k

Resistances. your cold resist is -7% so you take more than 4 times more damage than you are supposed to. lightning res is bad too. You need to have all resistances except chaos capped (75%)

note that 5k Life and 75% resists are not considered defenses. They are just the basic prerequisite to be able to play in maps.

the reason is you wear too many unique items. You should use only those uniques that are fundamental for your build. The rest should be rares. Unique item usually lack important stats like +Life and resistances.

when you have the life and resists prerequisites solved, you can look for defense layers, recovery etc..

You should really improve for the next league (note for other people who read this post: OP is on consoles where the new league havent started yet), because game is getting harder (closer to what it used to be), and with similar setup you gonna have a bad time..

Necro is the easiest for beginners but still requires things to be done well.
Maybe look for some Necromancer begginer guides?

IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Jul 27, 2021, 12:29:54 PM
I certainly recommend looking at a build guide. There are a lot of good ones on the Witch section of the forums. You seem to be mostly Summon Raging Spirits with a leaning toward mass minion army. I can only see your gear and gems right now with a small portion of your tree, but you're all over the place.

Typically you want only 1 damage dealing skill (minion) to be in any piece of gear. This lets you augment with the maximum amount of support gems. I'll systematically go through what you have equipped. This is in no paticular order of priority:

Scepter: Skeletons apply Feeding Frenzy (good). The Infernal Legion Support does a negligible amount of damage. Giving something like Combustion would further support your damage dealers.

Shield: Your minions are there to deal damage. You deal very little. Grab Elemental Equalibrium (EE) and switch this setup to a cold or lightning skill. You will then give your enemies -50% fire resistance. Make sure you personally do 0 fire damage.

Helm: Spectres again aren't doing squat for damage with only 2 support gems. Since they aren't doing much, you don't proc Phantasms very often. Either dedicate a solid 4L to only Spectres or use utility Spectres. Read the Spectre wiki for further advice. Tukohama Vanguard would pair particularly well with your setup. They have a Scorching Ray Totem which will not only deal damage but provide a -25% fire resistance debuff to enemies.

Gloves: You're minions are fire damage dealers. Get these to 4 red sockets for 100% conversion. FYI cold conversion builds are much more powerful, but I've always preferred the aesthetics of fire. Herald of Ash only buffs your damage, not your minions. Using this will absolutely cripple you if grabbing EE mentioned earlier.

Boots: Alberon's Warpath is only useful in a strength stacking zombie build. That requires The Baron helm to function. The links seem solid enough, but I don't know the optimal setup.

Body Armour: Here is where you want your main damage dealers. You got 5 sockets to work with with an upgrade to 6. As is you waste it having 3 separate summons linked to Meat Shield and a single support gem. Anger can be paired with Generosity to further buff your minions' damage and not cripple your own EE.
Thanks to all for your tips, particularly to Aldones, who make me some interesting improvements :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info