Our Customer Support Team is Hiring!

Not that I'm interested in this position, but I cannot comprehend why are you so adamant in hiring local workers exclusively.

Especially now, given the pandemic situation, one would think you would allow at least workers located on your mainland. Yet, those positions constantly advertise demanding a local residency. This is the reeks of outdated policies.
"
rastlin86 wrote:
Not that I'm interested in this position, but I cannot comprehend why are you so adamant in hiring local workers exclusively.

Especially now, given the pandemic situation, one would think you would allow at least workers located on your mainland. Yet, those positions constantly advertise demanding a local residency. This is the reeks of outdated policies.

its literally new zealand law thats all it is, YES its quite lame from an outside perspective but what can ya do?
"
Deus_Vitae wrote:
"
rastlin86 wrote:

its literally new zealand law thats all it is, YES its quite lame from an outside perspective but what can ya do?

Is it specifically during Covid, or just in general you have to hire local?
"
Deus_Vitae wrote:
"
rastlin86 wrote:

I can understand why New Zealand wants to protect their workforce. At least it is better than in our country where they claim there is a shortage of good STEM graduates and cant find anyone decent amongst them (my ass). Then they can bring in talent from abroad to work for lower salaries.
Heart of Purity

The sense of challenge, danger and mystery has been replaced by a feeling of entitlement, security and predictability.
Mirek Le Fou - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9i7i7LHmL0
Backer of POE2-Deadfire and Gamedec.
nice
"
rastlin86 wrote:

Over the last 2 years we have trialed having support staff work remotely, but unfortunately it has not been very effective, and there have been communication and collaboration problems. Because of this we have made the decision for new hires going forward to work together from our office in Auckland.
"
Samantha wrote:
"
rastlin86 wrote:

Over the last 2 years we have trialed having support staff work remotely, but unfortunately it has not been very effective, and there have been communication and collaboration problems. Because of this we have made the decision for new hires going forward to work together from our office in Auckland.

Sounds like an organizational problem on your side that you should actively address and work on, remote work is here to stay and expand not to disappear in the future even after COVID 19. In case a certain individual contributor or many of them in the trial weren't effective or able to collaborate being located remotely then I'd question twice whether or not that's the fault of the specific individuals or an organizational issue. Maybe your organizational processes don't allow them to be successful in a remote setup since customer support within a company is usually a function that is very easily done through a remote setup if appropriately supported by tools/processes/culture.
Last edited by Prov1eh on Jun 1, 2021, 6:56:22 AM
honestly, look at the current state of the game. GGG can't even fix their own game. what makes you think they could manage to organize remote employees. GGG should be trying to hire devs that can actually fix the game. i mean, i understand needing to hire more support staff as the game is broken for so many people and they just need more staff to handle the support load.

apparently, calling someone daft, which only means silly or foolish, breaches the code of conduct...
● Personally attack or cause harm to the reputation of others
● Antagonise others in an obnoxious manner
so don't use big words like daft LMAO
+1 nice!
https://www.pathofexile.com/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info