Other 3 Classes

What are the other 3 classes you guys would like to play with in the game?
Knowing that the ones missing are the DEX/STR, STR/INT, INT/DEX ones. Ill share my expectations here...do the same fellows!

INT/STR - Paladin/Templar/Anny Holly Guy with melee and heal. It would be cool to see like a priest (warrior type not only healer) in this demonic land. He could use holly magic and mace/shield or something, doing more damage on the undeads...

DEX/INT - A druid of some kind, maybe? Can shape into diferent animals and use spells involving nature and so on. Don´t seem to fit the mood of the game. I couldnt think of annything darker involving DEX/INT, tought.

DEX/STR - I think monk. Fights using his hands, based on speed and power punches/kicks. Dunno if it fits the game universe. And theres allreaddy a Templar in my options so it could be kinda redundant.

Annyways, ill give the last two more toughts. Just wanted to start the thread to see your ideas...
"It's not a sign of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
www.thezeitgeistmovement.com
www.thevenusproject.com
www.zeitnews.org
One thing that I've noticed with GGG's class choices so far is that they're more general. A Witch, for example, does not specialize in a particular type of magic as opposed to a Necromancer or Druid. But I'm sure there will be skills and abilities that will allow you to specialize the Witch into these subclasses if that's what you wanted.

INT/STR - I think you're probably right with the Paladin. The Paladin represents a good mix of spellcasting and tanking. I could even see this as a Druid or some other shapeshifter. A Druid can do a lot of spellcasting and then tank in some shapeshifted form. It could be a more general sword-casting class, though. Someone who can improve their melee abilities with spells like enchanting their weapons.

DEX/INT - I think this will be something more like a Rogue or an Assassin (he would probably be called a Thief in the PoE universe). He could cast spells as traps and do other alchemical things.

DEX/STR - A monk would fit pretty well here. I would have guessed that this spot would have been used by a two-handed fighter but the Ranger already does that.
Forum Sheriff
I also thought about rogue but, as you have allreaddy pointed i think rogue role will be a build of the ranger. We see manny melee action from the ranger in the GGG trailers. So im guessing youll be able to build your ranger into a thief using the right gems. Sameway youll be able to create a Necromacer (maybe) from the witch.

The Paladin/Templar/Whatever i think is a must in this universe. Fits quite right in PoE.

The monk is cool too, he could have fist weapons like claws or something.
"It's not a sign of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
www.thevenusproject.com
www.zeitnews.org
i would love to see a necromancer-like class, the "dark" atmosphere in this game is perfect for it.

INT/DEX or INT/STR could be something like a fragile healer/support class who heals by sacrificing hes own hit points or by killing someone to heal someone else. he summons a resiliant pet to tank when there are lots of enemies or a high damage/dps pet when he needs some extra punch.

Ritual spells that require 2 or more party members would be awesome too. something like defensive/offensive buffs or a powerfull summon like a demon.
I hope very little of what you have written here will come true. I hope GGG will come up with many surprises for you. If not, chance is high you'll do what you have been doing for years or decades - follow "the herd". That means:

"Goodbye GGG, X is out. There is nothing other than usual stuff in PoE, and X have it implemented better (if nothing, that's what majority say), so we give up on your game."

I truly hope Devs won't fight X mostly with X's "weapons", and are aware of menthal state of most gamers - and the fact they as Devs have very little chance keeping those gamers in game by providing cheaper version of virtual drug gamers are addicted with for so long! The state of gaming today in general? Well, many of those estimated 300.000 gamers jumping from one game to another, and many more that sort of gave up on games, are looking for something ... new ... fresh ... different! Provide such a drug, or end owned by already established - better than yours - ones and their future variations ):o=

Happy New 2011. to all, I'm going off the forum to celebrate it (sort of haha)!
"I am The Banisher, the ill will that snuffs the final candle." - Seal of Doom (MTG)
"
tormenta wrote:
I hope very little of what you have written here will come true. I hope GGG will come up with many surprises for you.

Yes i would also love that. I like to be surprised.
On the other hand, Ranger, Marauder and Witch are verry classical and known classes in RPG world. So im guessing theyll stick with the classical RPG classes for the other 3 upcoming as well. Paladin, Assassin, Monk and Necromancer are classical bread and butter classes too. Thats why i guessed them for the upcoming classes.
Anny DEV could give us some hints here :)
www.thevenusproject.com
www.zeitnews.org
I don't necessarily agree that the classic classes of character should be overlooked just to be "different" from other games on offer. It is how they are implemented that will set the game apart from the rest.

Let's face it, the reason most of us are here is because we are fans of the genre looking for more of what we like but done in a superior fashion. Everything I have seen to date meets the bill and if I can play with some of my favourite classes, that's even better.

Why reinvent the wheel when it ain't broken?
I used to be apathetic, now I just don't care.
I also believe that the dex/int class will be some sort of an assassin and the str/int a healer or something like a knight/priest.

I have no idea what will be the str/dex class, but i'm very interested in it.
El infierno es vivir cada día, sin saber la razón de tu existencia.
I agree with Arkwright.

The secret isnt making a whole diferent class (wich doesnt mean it wouldnt be cool or that i wouldnt apreciate, but it wouldnt be vital). The secret is knowing how to present the class in a diferent way and balance all classes so they play verry diferently but at the same time have the same strenght against eachother and ejoyability.

There lies the most dificult task for every game in AMMO or MMO genre. To balance things, specially when it comes to pvp is really a fail in the industry nowadays.

www.thevenusproject.com
www.zeitnews.org
would be nice to get alteast 1 original class

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info