Build Check/Advice

New to the game. Wanted to get feedback on the build I'm going for. The attempt is to be fairly tanky, a bit of melee damage, and the ability to switch between the various elemental spells/attacks as necessary.

That's the build. Looking for glaring weaknesses/flaws that would stem from my lack of knowledge on the game so far.

The other option I was looking at was the armor/energey shield, shield block abilities near templar + all the minion perks on the tree. Leave me with no personal offense, but with good defense and an army to do my damage.

Editted in the spoiler tag since that seems to be the trend as I'm looking around. Sorry about that.
Last edited by Mattrik on Apr 3, 2013, 5:12:36 PM
welcome to poe :)

depends on what u play softcore or hardcore it has impact on ur skill build.
u also want to get some "main nodes" of the other classes of have a "good way"
to a main skill point (the big ones in the outside ring) they give some special boost
most of the time they are a little tricks so read carefull

what i read so far if u hit another difficulty u need alot of hp
the monster dmg gets very high in cruel/merciless. Mostly One-Shot to weak builds.

the dmg output come from decent weapon it will push u alot more than skill points into melee dmg. in endgame - a decent weapon will get more from a skil point cuz its % based.

also try to use 60-80 points since u can get this RLY fast but the last 40 are slower MUCH slower.

this gives u a decent HP pool - ele dmg - and blocking
took ur tree and made a "way" so u can add something if u like

Witch : HaleJesus LVL 82 Arc Summoner
SpectreGuide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/292391/page/1
pls forgive my gibberish space orc english - its not my native language
Interesting. Thanks for the advice. Was curious what # of points people mostly use for their basic builds.

I see how you went more a straight line and went around a few places instead of doing a bunch of branching like I did.

Again, thanks for all the advice and I'll use it going forward.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info