"
bgdmm wrote:
"
Gulch wrote:
"
alisahinler wrote:
who would ever use that skill?

Nobody.

Since it makes you stand in place while it's active the skill is useless.

Almost all damage abilities in game require you to stop moving and stand in place for a while, to be able to cast a spell/execute a melee attack/summon totems/shoot an arrow/etc.

Very, very few don't, like Cyclone or RF.

Yeah? What's your point? This is Vaal Cyclone. A skill that nobody uses.
No cyclone player wants to stop moving, if they do, they're dead.
My point is that almost everyone else has to stop and cast or attack and, surprisingly, is not dying.

Neither are cyclone chars dying the instant they stop moving. That's such dramatic exaggeration it's cringe, tbh.

"
bgdmm wrote:
My point is that almost everyone else has to stop and cast or attack and, surprisingly, is not dying.

Neither are cyclone chars dying the instant they stop moving. That's such dramatic exaggeration it's cringe, tbh.

"base duration is 5 seconds"

"dramatic exaggeration"

what builds stop to cast or attack for 5 seconds? or even 2 seconds? Dont be shy, name as many as you can think of..

IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
"
bgdmm wrote:

You have no clue how Vaal Cyclone works, that's obvious.

You're ok with standing still not doing anything for 5 seconds in the middle of a pack?

That's it people.... we found the ONE person that uses Vaal Cyclone!
Last edited by Gulch on May 4, 2021, 11:38:29 AM
"
Ludvator wrote:
"
bgdmm wrote:

"base duration is 5 seconds"

"dramatic exaggeration"

what builds stop to cast or attack for 5 seconds? or even 2 seconds? Dont be shy, name as many as you can think of..

Reading comprehension fail.

Notice "the instant they stop moving" there? It sounds like that any char, including cyclone builds, dies instantly the very moment they stop moving.

This is what I called exaggeration. Bot everything is zoom-zoom.

Stopping for 5 seconds is problematic in some situations (but no, not all), obviously, that's beyond discussion.

Last edited by bgdmm on May 5, 2021, 11:59:35 AM
"
Gulch wrote:
"
bgdmm wrote:

You have no clue how Vaal Cyclone works, that's obvious.

You're ok with standing still not doing anything for 5 seconds in the middle of a pack?

That's it people.... we found the ONE person that uses Vaal Cyclone!

The same answer as above.

Nobody is dying just for stopping to attack or cast.

The length of stopping is obviously problematic, but, on the other hand, it's not "standing still doing anything in the middle of the pack". You are actually vaal cycloning at that point.

But anyway, I consider vaal cyclone to be a gimmick that might be useful in certain situations.

Yes, 5 seconds lock is problematic in some situations, no doubt. But, just because you can't mindlessly spam it everywhere, it does not mean it's a total waste. It's situational, not spammable.

Not everything has to be absolute god tier bis to be used.

"
bgdmm wrote:

have you noticed this thread is about vaal cyclone? It is not about stopping for fraction of second, but about being locked in place for at least 5 seconds

during that period, you die multiple times in endgame. Have you ever experienced endgame content? or at least red tier maps?
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info