New Glimpse of Chaos Helmet *Possibly?* bugged

So I wanted to give the helmet a try as both getting a powerful implicit with basically a 'free'+60 Chaos Resist on a character you would otherwise ignore Chaos Resist seemed pretty good to me...however...

The wording on each like of text specifically uses the word 'REDUCED'. I always thought that multipliers in PoE used the words 'More/Less'.

So for example, I'll take one line and explain what I am seeing on my character sheet, and I'm not sure if this is intended or not.

"40% increased maximum life and reduced fire resistance"

That would be the line. I could be wrong, but I assumed that means I get 40% more hp, at the cost of 40% fire resist. So if I had 80% fire resist, I would instead now have 40%. However, this is NOT the case.

The reduced fire resistance portion is applying as a MULTIPLIER. So if I gain +10% fire resistance anywhere, I actually only gain 6%, and that is for every single piece of gear you wear.

So basically you need 135% added to a resist to cap it under normal circumstances. You would *think* with this helmet you would then need 175%. However, you actually need about 290% resist to cap out instead. Oooof!
IGN: Arkon_Melee_LoL

https://www.twitch.tv/arkon9944
Last edited by arkon9944 on May 3, 2021, 6:57:38 AM
Last bumped on May 3, 2021, 9:36:33 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
It just the same (increase/reduce) wording as Eye of Malice...
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
"
arkon9944 wrote:
So I wanted to give the helmet a try as both getting a powerful implicit with basically a 'free'+60 Chaos Resist on a character you would otherwise ignore Chaos Resist seemed pretty good to me...however...

The wording on each like of text specifically uses the word 'REDUCED'. I always thought that multipliers in PoE used the words 'More/Less'.

So for example, I'll take one line and explain what I am seeing on my character sheet, and I'm not sure if this is intended or not.

"40% increased maximum life and reduced fire resistance"

That would be the line. I could be wrong, but I assumed that means I get 40% more hp, at the cost of 40% fire resist. So if I had 80% fire resist, I would instead now have 40%. However, this is NOT the case.

The reduced fire resistance portion is applying as a MULTIPLIER. So if I gain +10% fire resistance anywhere, I actually only gain 6%, and that is for every single piece of gear you wear.

So basically you need 135% added to a resist to cap it under normal circumstances. You would *think* with this helmet you would then need 175%. However, you actually need about 290% resist to cap out instead. Oooof!

Thanks for your report, this is intended.

Flat Resistance values are worded as "+10% to Fire Resistance".

As neohongkong mentioned, Increases/Reductions to Resistances already exist on Eye of Malice and you can also find them on the unique Blight Helmets.

More/Less to Resistances can also be found on Tempered by War Keystone.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info