0.9.9c Patch Notes

We made this patch today to cram in some frequently requested features before the Public Stress Test Weekend. Please test the new features and let us know if you find any problems!

Version 0.9.9c:
Features:
  • The first zombie on the Twilight Strand now drops a skill gem appropriate for your class.
  • The chat window now defaults to the last type of chat used in this session. This does not include whispers. Global chat is now the default chat when you join game.
  • Added the ability to zoom the view in using the mouse wheel. Sometimes the camera will go through a wall when zoomed in quite far. We don't need bug reports of this, thanks.
  • The passive skill screen now always shows how many respec points you have, so that new players understand that they exist.
  • Improved the environment of the Fellshrine Ruins.

Balance:
  • Changed early quest rewards so that there are more options for some classes.
  • Increased the rarity of drops from magic, rare, unique and act boss monsters.
  • Reduced the chill duration of Merveil's Ice Spear.
  • Reduced the damage of Ice Nova for Merveil and Water Elementals.
  • Reduced chill and freeze duration of Cold Snap for Merveil and Water Elementals.
  • Reduced the distance that Merveil and Water Elementals can Cold Snap you from.
  • Reduced the distance that Snakes can spit at you from.
  • Slightly reduced the distance that Skeletal Archers can attack you from.
  • Swapped Mental Acuity and Spell Power on the passive tree.

Bug Fixes:
  • Fixed a bug where Merveil would not drop her act boss item rewards properly.
  • Fixed clicking on minions so that the clicks will go through them. This means that you're able to target monsters near minions more easily.
  • Blood Magic now no longer prevents traps from working.
  • Fixed a bug where Totems would not attack monsters outside of your range with some skills.
  • Fixed a server crash that would occur if you left an area while something was caught in your Bear Trap.
  • Undead revived by a necromancer can now grant flask charges.
  • Fixed the starting weapons so that they can't spawn in the water.
  • Fixed the information on the website about 0.9.9 Gloves and Shields.
  • Double Strike is now counted as a Melee gem for the purpose of the mods that increase the levels of certain types of gems.
  • Fixed some overlapping passive skills in the tree.
  • Fixed a duplicate quest reward in Merciless difficulty.
  • Fixed up quests around Brutus so that it's clear what to do after finding him in the Prison.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Chris on May 10, 2012, 5:05:31 AM
You can't zoom out any further than you could before. Chris shouldn't have worded it like that.
Path of Exile - Lead Programmer
The mousewheel allows you to zoom in. It then allows you to zoom out again back to where it was. The patch notes have been reworded to not give the wrong impression.

I'm pleased with how nice the art looks up close though.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
Zacam wrote:
While I appreciate the notion of being able to zoom in (not that I think I'll ever use it), I'd be a lot happier with an adjustment to the 'default' view out.

It doesn't need to be much, I'd like to see the consideration of implementing an up-to 10% distance increase on the 'default' field of view to see how it plays out, especially with consideration to lower 4:3 resolutions vs larger 16:9/8:5 resolutions, which is sadly not something I've gotten around to testing just yet.

We did zoom out by 5% and 10% in the past. The amount you have to draw is an n-squared relationship with the distance. We may change it further in the future as we improve performance.
"
WarriorComic wrote:
Swapped Mental Acuity and Spell Power on the passive tree.

My build is broken now and we don't even get free respec points Awesome!

There are upcoming tree changes within a few patches, so it's very likely there will be a skill reset then. In the meantime, sorry about the change!
"
TAPETRVE wrote:
But why the heck does my char have no arse :D ?

Repaired this! Will be fixed in a future patch.
Balance & Design
"
milkteax1 wrote:
Hey GGG devs, just want to comment about the first skill gem drop from the zombie.

Make sure the chance for it to be quality is disabled, or people may try to farm and roll for a good %quality gem early on.

The quality of the skill gem dropped by that zombie is always zero, for precisely this reason.
Code warrior
"
"
Raycheetah wrote:
"
BesucherXia wrote:
Rather than let the first zombie drop a gem, why not just make it a legacy from that dying NPC?
Say he mentions to have a gem for you which he believe to be precious, but before he can give it to you the talk is stopped by that zombie and only after checking his dead body you would get what he means.

I like this idea a lot! =^[.]^=

As do I. Very much so.

He wouldn't have one on him from the boat - the gems wouldn't have come from Oriath - they're special to Wraeclast ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info