unlock code needed daily

Hi guys,

The game won't remember me. I have to unlock the account at least once per day although i am always retyping my password. Once i enter the unlock code, i can start PoE for about 24h, retype the password and log in.

BUT if i keep the password saved and just smash the login button, i always have to get an unlock code.

I had this issue with the saved password in 3.13 already, but since i reenter my password, it was not much of a hassle.

with kind regards
Last bumped on May 6, 2021, 4:10:02 PM
"
Bash76again wrote:
Hi guys,

The game won't remember me. I have to unlock the account at least once per day although i am always retyping my password. Once i enter the unlock code, i can start PoE for about 24h, retype the password and log in.

BUT if i keep the password saved and just smash the login button, i always have to get an unlock code.

I had this issue with the saved password in 3.13 already, but since i reenter my password, it was not much of a hassle.

with kind regards

if you need an code to access your poe account then this is because your public IP is changing all the time.
The account security system "soft lockes" your account (need unloock code to reopen it) every time it detects a new IP that tries to login to your account.

However if you don't want this to happend, then you can e-mail GGG support and ask for this security feuture to be disabled.
Last edited by HanSoloDK on Apr 30, 2021, 2:35:28 AM
Hi Bash76again, please send an email to us at support@grindinggear.com and we may be able to help with this.
Thx for the replies,

i'll check tomorrow, if it's due to an IP change.
As far as i know, my ip won't change on daily basis.
"
HanSoloDK wrote:
"
Bash76again wrote:

[...]
if you need an code to access your poe account then this is because your public IP is changing all the time.
[...]

Well, there is a flaw to that logic:
The unlock code is not needed when i enter my password (in 3.13) and only if i keep it saved within the game.
If the unlock code was needed due to IP change, the game would ask for the code every time, no matter if i enter the password manually or keep it saved.

But nevertheless i check if my ip changes tomorrow ;)
Turns out that the temp. IPv6 changes daily due to the Stateless Address Autoconfiguration. My provider didn't do that in the past.

Wrote an email to the support adress given. Thx for the replies ;)
happy to help.

Just remember the increased security risk to you char now when you get GGG to disable this in your account.
Guy, i just noticed something different:

I just started the client ( with new patch coming up ) und just pressed login.
It said: you are loggin in from another location, please reenter password.

I did and i was in :) no unlock code ...
don't know if this is due to the new patch released or if this was a thing all along.

Just wanted to let you know :)
Yesterday i retyped the password right away ... the system wanted me to unlock the acccount via unlock code.

Today i pressed the login button - the system said: you are login in from another location, please reenter password. After i retyped the password, i could access the game ...

So there is something fishy about loggin in ...
"
Bash76again wrote:
Yesterday i retyped the password right away ... the system wanted me to unlock the acccount via unlock code.

Today i pressed the login button - the system said: you are login in from another location, please reenter password. After i retyped the password, i could access the game ...

So there is something fishy about loggin in ...

well it still detects the IP change but with this change you only need to retype password and no need for the code anymore....

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info