Server Issues.

The servers have big latency spikes again.

Every 4-5 seconds it gets a huge latency spike. Same issue as last league.

I didn't actually play Ritual because of this.

With this new league it seemed to be fixed. It was running smoothly yesterday, even with the login queue.

But after the big server restart it went back to big latency spikes every 4-5 seconds. No matter which Gateway, no matter the fact that i have Ethernet connection, no matter if i use a VPN or not, no matter that WinMTR shows no packet loss. Game still gets latency spikes every 4-5 seconds.

If I can get any help it would be much appreciated.

Last bumped on May 11, 2021, 2:16:52 AM
I have the same problem.

I have a alienware with a 2080 super, 32 gig of ram and last gen of intel i9-10900 cpu on win 10. I can play every game on ultra at 2560x1440 and 240 Hz (even cyberpunk with ray tracing on) but POE lags every 4-5 sec for a .25 second.

I also have hi-speed internet.

and yet no matter the resolution, the setting , removing firewall and anti-virus, updating all the drivers.

I have tried everything and POE still lag.

I have no idea what to try exept another game because its getting anoying.
If this is any help to solve the issue.

I'm still tryin to understand wth is using "netstat" on cmd all about. AndI've been playing with it a bit.

But the IP for the PoE instance always starts as "ESTABLISHED" then it goes into "CLOSE_WAIT" just a few seconds later.

Only on the IP belonging to PoE instances.

I may be in waaay over my head, but from what I am able to grasp, that would mean that the connection is falling on your side.

Just a note: this has been happening since Ritual. So, taking a look into changes implemented regarding servers and connection protocols since then may be of use.
Last edited by InfrnlMssh7 on Apr 19, 2021, 9:21:33 PM
Any update on this im also getting HUGE spikes every 5-10 secs its crazy i have a great computer/Big Spender internet lol really annoying makes me not want to log on smh
Bump. 2 weeks still no response.
both of you needs to provide the proper WinMTR reports combined with screenshots of the ingame graphs (F1).
"
HanSoloDK wrote:
both of you needs to provide the proper WinMTR reports combined with screenshots of the ingame graphs (F1).

One of me already has. On a previous thread who wasn't responded to, either.

This problem started in Ritual. I went all Ritual waiting for a response, from League launch until it ended. Did not get past the Forest Encampment that league because of Latency spikes that were not my ISP fault, CONFIRMED AND DOUBLECKECKED.

Same problem still stands in Ultimatum, server performance is awful and I have no idea why.

I'm just here to make light of the fact that I get no solution in over three months of asking, that GGG does not actually listen to any paying customers, and that they are becoming all flare and little substance.

Furthermore, the one asking for the WinMTR should be them, not you.
Last edited by InfrnlMssh7 on May 4, 2021, 12:24:54 PM
"
InfrnlMssh7 wrote:

One of me already has. On a previous thread who wasn't responded to, either.

This problem started in Ritual. I went all Ritual waiting for a response, from League launch until it ended. Did not get past the Forest Encampment that league because of Latency spikes that were not my ISP fault, CONFIRMED AND DOUBLECKECKED.

Same problem still stands in Ultimatum, server performance is awful and I have no idea why.

I'm just here to make light of the fact that I get no solution in over three months of asking, that GGG does not actually listen to any paying customers, and that they are becoming all flare and little substance.

Furthermore, the one asking for the WinMTR should be them, not you.

I can see you got an answer from GGG in your other thread that you "pretty much" ignored so.......

But here is the LINK to what GGG recomends being done when you have connection "problems".
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3072628

GL exile.
Last edited by HanSoloDK on May 4, 2021, 1:28:53 PM
I did WinMTR trace to the instance server i was in and found a ~12% packet loss to the instance IP.
I experience constant lagspikes and freezes when playing in the evening. During the morning/noon or at night its fine.

here the WinMTR https://pastebin.com/rCKxHK35
"
Lethmyr wrote:
I did WinMTR trace to the instance server i was in and found a ~12% packet loss to the instance IP.
I experience constant lagspikes and freezes when playing in the evening. During the morning/noon or at night its fine.

here the WinMTR https://pastebin.com/rCKxHK35

something very strange is going on with that trace. packet loss starts sooner then the 12%.
Just for fun, do you have the same problem if you connect to a Standard instance IP ??

Did you try other gateways also ??

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info