Currency, crafting and the new player.

I returned to the game about 3 weeks into the Ritual league and really enjoyed the league got to level 92 with my Skelemancer. Id last played fully back in the Delve league so it was good to get back into the game.

It took me some time to get into a build that i liked so i probably only played 2 weeks worth of the league on my Skelemancer. I got to mapping and about 18 basic watch stones before i decided to call it an end.

Something that i dont understand though is the disparity in the cost of items players are selling and the amount of currency i had amassed. Through my playthrough i had 2ex drop and maybe 150c. I managed to sell a skill gem i found for 110c but as for earning the up to 100s of ex for certain items i have no idea how you would do that.

Now im sure that its a case that im lacking knowledge in price checking stuff or even crafting good items. So the question would be how to best go about learning the price of items and the hundreds of permutations of crafts available?

Is it just a question of time?

Or am i missing something?

Many thanks for any response here. Its good to be back , looking forward to Ultimatum.

B
Last bumped on Apr 12, 2021, 1:45:45 PM
You probably want to get a third party price checker to see the value of random stuff you pick up.

As for earning 100s of exalts, well, you get a lot more return at very end game. Also if you have knowledge of what's valuable on trade leagues you can specifically farm it. Finally, 100-200 exalts is what a normal person would earn over the course of 3 months playing a league, not just 2 weeks. Getting more than that requires playing the trading game a lot and not so much the actual game.
Украина в моём сердце
I was thinking it may be something like that.

I was also hoping to not use softwear, i found this site. https://www.poeprices.info/#pricesingleitem
But im not sure how good it is.

you started 3 weeks late, so you were basically behind the whole time.

item values in the first 1-2 weeks are as high as they will be for the entire league. after that, they come down, because supply catches up to demand.

so that skill gem you sold for 110c week 4? had you found that week 1 it would have been 5+ exalts.

getting to endgame quickly allows you more time to find and sell items before the price falls. things like multi res+life belts, ms+res+life boots, medium uniques, etc. these are all hot commodities the first week or two of league, but they drastically lose value as more and more people reach endgame and start finding them.

OK thanks for the info, hopefully this time ill get ahead of the curve :-)

Thanks again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info