Ice Shot or Cold Ele Hit for Bossing?

Assuming the best possible bow for each, a T1/T1 phys%/added phys and a +3 bow, which would be stronger for single target?

I know fire EH is kind of insane atm but everyone is using Chainbreaker with it I tend to see always, so it's hard to tell.

Cold EH cant really compare with fire EH, right? I know there are the Brotherhood rings but there might be better options and/or crafted?

I've been told Ice Shot doesn't scale well without a seriously good bow and lots of crit/multi.
EH can get up to lvl.30/31 with the right gear + gems.

Whenever I bring up Ice Shot single target half of the people say "go Barrage". Can we just pretend that skill doesn't exist for now? When looking up Ice Shot guides I swear most of them aren't even IS when they get to the single target part.
If your guide is an "x" guide but you have to say switch to a completely different skill is it really an "x" kind of guide? Tbh, any skill can be good to clear with some kind of Chain/Fork/GMP, but I digress.
Last edited by 009Status on Apr 11, 2021, 7:17:04 PM
Last bumped on Apr 15, 2021, 7:31:28 PM
"
Cold EH cant really compare with fire EH, right?

No.

Fire EH benefit from AOF. While Cold variant are build around freeze chance but less benefit from damage conversion
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
I suppose the better question would be 'how does Ice Shot compare to fire EH'. So sick of everyone and their grandma using fire only for EH. I understand AoF is amazing because of how GGG programmed the conversion chain, but damn...
"
I suppose the better question would be 'how does Ice Shot compare to fire EH'. So sick of everyone and their grandma using fire only for EH. I understand AoF is amazing because of how GGG programmed the conversion chain, but damn...

Both need non traditional bow anyway.

if ice shot is used with Barrage Support then it also need additional arrows mod, but dex stacking mod is mandatary.
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

"

I really wish something would be done about this. Unless my quik maff is wrong, the fire version gets base 779-2167 base hit damage, and that's at just gem level 21. If you go cold you only get 428-795, and lightning is 84-1597.

What needs to happen is a balance pass on the numbers, while also removing the way the gem adds it's base damage. That base damage needs to be ONLY added when that element is picked, not add all the base damage at once then remove what's not chosen, which is what makes AoF so damn OP for the skill.
"
Bleu42 wrote:
"

I really wish something would be done about this. Unless my quik maff is wrong, the fire version gets base 779-2167 base hit damage, and that's at just gem level 21. If you go cold you only get 428-795, and lightning is 84-1597.

What needs to happen is a balance pass on the numbers, while also removing the way the gem adds it's base damage. That base damage needs to be ONLY added when that element is picked, not add all the base damage at once then remove what's not chosen, which is what makes AoF so damn OP for the skill.

conversion is only part of the OP....EH scale with ailments and somehow GGG made a broken gem skitterbot which can be used by EH itself, or people want more single target dps (and no other monster) that use with hypothermia support

Right, I was thinking of something like this too, esp if they ever decide to add in some kind of Avatar of Ice or Thunder keystone.

You're right too about the numbers. Just checked the wiki and fire is way ahead of the cold dmg as well + AoF I just don't get it...

Really want to go cold in Ultimatum for the extra control/defensive layer but it's rough picking between Ice Shot and subpar cold EH (for ranged attacks).
"
neohongkong wrote:
"
Bleu42 wrote:
"

conversion is only part of the OP....EH scale with ailments and somehow GGG made a broken gem skitterbot which can be used by EH itself, or people want more single target dps (and no other monster) that use with hypothermia support

True skitterbots also help, but look at that base damage. Because of how the skill works using aof immediately doubles your base damage, invalidating the other two elements completely.
For single target, EH is clearly superior, assuming you have the best bow in both scenarios.

For clear, Ice Shot is better. But if you have the best bow for ice shot, you can just as well go for Tornado Shot, as it's better at both single target damage and clear, after you reach a certain dps. Tornado Shot shotguns by secondary projectiles hitting the same target, Ice Shot shotguns by overlapping the ice cones, after hitting a target (requires extra mobs around the boss).

Last edited by 6_din_49 on Apr 12, 2021, 3:08:27 AM
"
6_din_49 wrote:
For single target, EH is clearly superior, assuming you have the best bow in both scenarios.

Do you mean even cold EH would be better than Ice Shot? Or only fire EH?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info