Petrified Blood

Does using this effectively double your life recovery? Or will life recovery be based on only half your life?

I was planning an RF build with about 10k life and 5k regen, so 2 seconds to full, but with this thing, it'll be 1 second full. Which seems busted.
Last bumped on Apr 9, 2021, 5:55:16 PM
Petrified blood says that all your life recovery aside from flasks only applies to the lower half of your life, your life recovery itself doesn't change. You will still recovery 5k life per second but it will stop as soon as you reach 5k life, you'll never get to full life with it. Essentially all you do is cut your life total in half.
Just running through a simple scenario.

Without PB, 10k life and 5k regen
If I take a 5k hit, it'll take 1 second to get back to full.

With PB, 5k life and 5k regen
I'm assuming lvl 20 PB will split 50% hit / 50% dot for all calculations.
If I take a 5k hit, I'll get hit for 2.5k and get 625 dot per second over 4 seconds. It will take 0.57 seconds to get back to full (5k life).
(If lvl 20 PB is 40% hit / 60% dot, it will take 0.47 seconds only! broken af)

So on paper, if my regen stays the same, it looks like it will actually almost double my effective life recovery. So actually looks nuts.

Of course the trade off is that I will lose regen for all the hits I take in the past 4 seconds. So for 5k regen, I'll need to take 40k damage in order for all my regen to stop.

EDIT: So final calculations. PB will help if you have taken less damage (with hits) than 4x your life recovery in the past 4 seconds. So in my planned RF build, with 5k regen, I can take up to 20k hit damage in the past 4 seconds before using PB is worse than not using it.

If anyone finds anything wrong with my calculations, please let me know.
Last edited by Revnaut on Apr 9, 2021, 3:48:18 PM
Yes, your life recovery effectiveness would be doubled, but you'll be more vulnerable to DoT dps, including the one from RF.

I guess high regen/leech with instant recovery flasks is the right way to build around petrified blood.
Last edited by 6_din_49 on Apr 9, 2021, 6:28:57 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info