Bulk trading in huge numbers

I'm trying to figure out how bulk trading is supposed to work given the tiny inventory limit and no way to turn items into paper (Oh runescape. Those were the days.).

For example, I see listings like 1900 jewellers -> 1ex, but the inventory limit for jewellers is 1200. Are we expected to do this in 2 trades and hope the seller doesn't run off with the currency? Or is the seller going to do some conversion into chaos, using some loss-inducing exchange rate, to give me a partial return?

How do people manage this?
Last bumped on Apr 4, 2021, 1:58:26 PM
all depends on you 2 working something out.

if i were selling 1900 jewelers for an ex, i would do this:

first trade, i give you 950, you give me 10 ex shards.
second trade, i give you 950 plus 10 ex shards, you give me a whole ex.

(though it could be whatever half a ex worth of chaos, as long as it fits in the 2nd trade)

side note - i wish you could actually break exalts back into shards. would much rather deal with ex and ex shards, and not have to convert chaos all the time.
Last edited by Thror2k5 on Apr 4, 2021, 12:36:57 AM
I don't usually make trades that can't be done in a single trade window. All the currency I actually pick up is worth at least 1 ex for an entire inventory full.

Remember to check the rates of exchange compared to the vendor up/down conversions. You may find, for example, that 4 jewellers to 1 fusing is roughly the same for both, so might as well use the vendor and sell the fusings to players instead.
Украина в моём сердце
Just trade 950 jewelers for 50 chaos, or whatever the half of exalt price is, then the other 950 jewelers + half of exalt you got in first trade, for 1 exalt.

But you can just as well trade 1 exalt for 1200 jewelers, then hope you get the rest. It's still a good deal regardless if you get the rest, in my opinion. Late league I got messages for 500 jewels per ex, not sure how legit are those 1900:1 trades.
Last edited by 6_din_49 on Apr 4, 2021, 1:50:24 PM
"
6_din_49 wrote:
Just trade 950 jewelers for 50 chaos, or whatever the half of exalt price is, then the other 950 jewelers + half of exalt you got in first trade, for 1 exalt.

But you can just as well trade 1 exalt for 1200 jewelers, then hope you get the rest. It's still a good deal regardless if you get the rest, in my opinion. Late league I got messages for 500 jewels per ex, not sure how legit are those 1900:1 trades.

jewelers are like, 20 : 1 c right now. and 1 ex is still about 100 c.

you should definitely be getting 1800+ jewelers for an ex right now. not 500. you sure you arent thinking FUSES? those are about 500:1ex

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info