Trading

Is it allowed to report traders who do not respond while online?
Last bumped on Apr 3, 2021, 11:29:50 PM
You can report them but it will do literally nothing.
Wow. some either change the price or not respond while online, or just go offline.
Welcome to PoE Trading. Trust me, it's a billion times better than it was in the past, but it's not perfect.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
"
peekgamer wrote:
Is it allowed to report traders who do not respond while online?

That seems a little strong, don't you think?

Sometimes, when I'm in the middle of heist fighting large groups of whatever, I may miss an PM that comes in or I may not be in a place to where I can pause to reply to it. Personally, I try to reply, but I'm sure there have been instances where I haven't -for whatever reason.

They may even be AFK or in another application window.

Also, if someone is deep into a map or whatever they to do get gear, they may not be too inclined to leave their zone right when you want them to just so they can make 2C on a sale.

If someone doesn't answer in a minute or so, move onto the next seller. Simple.
I usually wait until the message fades out then try the next person.

I'll respond to purchase requests most the time. Exceptions are for things like sirus or maps where I'm already almost out of portals. I try to use DND for things like heists or the lab where I can't leave.
Украина в моём сердце
Thank you for your answers. some traders don't answer at all. even if they got tons of news.
I can understand it if you don't have time, but why don't you say something?
I've even tried to get an item for an hour.
"
peekgamer wrote:
Thank you for your answers. some traders don't answer at all. even if they got tons of news.
I can understand it if you don't have time, but why don't you say something?
I've even tried to get an item for an hour.

You aren't entitled to their items. They could be busy, or they might simply not care. They might have listed it a while ago, and aren't interested in selling an item for X currency anymore. It could be because its the last few days of Ritual and they don't play Standard, or its in Standard and its not worth their time.

You should never expect a response because you are not entitled to their items. If you get a response / invite, great. If not, move on, or try again later.
I'm fairly certain some people post large amounts of low cost items to artificially deflate the price. They have no intention of actually selling any of them, and are just waiting for others to "undercut" them so they can sweep up cheap stuff to resell later.

I ignore anyone who puts up a ton of cheap stuff but doesn't respond.
Украина в моём сердце
Last edited by kaijyuu2 on Apr 3, 2021, 11:30:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info