Spell Totem

im making a totem tank templar (Brondral), lvl 41 with totem support on lvl 4.

1100 hp, 1440 armor, 44% migration, 35 life reg per second are my stats.

i have the left side totem nodes so far,
22% to life and duration and +1 totem.

my beef is that the totems die really really fast, between 1-3 hits from lvl 35 monster.

i cant tell how much hitpoints they have or what influences it.

if it would take my stats, it would have quite a bit extra hp, life reg and armor and should last quite a bit longer.

comparing the totem on the templar with a bow ranger, the totems pretty much die just as fast.

in the beginning of rutheless its not that big a deal, but i imagine the ratio from totem hp to monster damage only gets worse going higher.

Unavailable

Last edited by Barkay on Jul 26, 2012, 5:59:31 AM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
here is summary unless i missed anything...

this is the only known pieces of information:
not affected by necromancer aegis (not a minion)
they use copy of your stats and passives for thier spell casting
but they don't have your resistances
totems have half your hp
hatred aura works on shockwave totem
they can use and maintain auras
buffs (not auras) however will be spammed (ie righteous fire, molten shell, and immortal call; with only shell being the confusing functioning use, call lasts .2 seconds and fire lasts 1 second one time)
Yeah I was playing around with my totem support gem today and found that putting it together with molten shell makes it just spam the skill when it is attacked making it so the skill Molten Shell will never trigger and blow up... I think it may need to get a AI upgrade if that's how the other buff type skills work too.
"
soul4hdwn wrote:

totems have half your hp

ES too? or how does it work when u skill CI?
IGN: kReiZy
"
sYkoDe4d wrote:
"
soul4hdwn wrote:

totems have half your hp

ES too? or how does it work when u skill CI?

well they didn't use my witches es and i couldn't test with a CI character... so good question :D
"
Ritsum wrote:
Yeah I was playing around with my totem support gem today and found that putting it together with molten shell makes it just spam the skill when it is attacked making it so the skill Molten Shell will never trigger and blow up... I think it may need to get a AI upgrade if that's how the other buff type skills work too.

Exactly what i just wanted to say.
Would be great to have a totem that attracts monsters and then explodes in their face.
is there a way to reduce the cast time for deploying a totem?

I play with a totem build but the really slow deployment Time sucks a little bit :/
IGN: kReiZy
"
sYkoDe4d wrote:
is there a way to reduce the cast time for deploying a totem?

I play with a totem build but the really slow deployment Time sucks a little bit :/

I agree it's too slow.
As of 0.9.11 we can carry 2 sets of weapons.

My Templar has Wands with a Bow on Switch. Obviously the Damage from the Totem is a LOT higher when wands are equipped.

The question is: If I summon a totem while wands are equipped then switch weapons to Bow. What damage will the totem be dealing?
I'm BACK :)
The totem is linked to you - it's casting your spells, not it's own. The totem always casts the spell exactly as you would if you cast it at that point.
If you change your applicable bonuses in any way, including by switching weapons, the totem's spells cast from that point will have the new values, just like yours would.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info