1 hit in HC should be buffed down to 2% health left if full shield and life

So I've made it to 71 on HC and have made it to over 60 about 8 times after and only reason I ever die is random one shots not even by main bosses by gold rated mini bosses. This last death I was 1450 life with 1300 energy shield all resistances over 70 except lighting which was 55. I wish I could post clip on here but gamertag is snewzen if anyone wants to watch what happens. I literally round the corner and boom powder smacked by wrathscalp in lvl 55 second round of ascension didn't even have time to blink nor chance to flask it was literally 1 shot. I love this game but cannot get same feeling on standard as HC. Now I know everyone's gonna wreck me for complaining about dying but like I said I've had atleast 14 characters above 60 and all but 3 deaths have been random one shots now half of those deaths was my fault for not having resistances. But I finally build everything like I'm told and it still happens. Now I expect this to happen in maps or Uber labs. But round 2 ascension I mean I was 62 facing lvl 55 mobs. Now I'm not saying there shouldn't be super hard hits, thats not what im saying at all. But when you can't even see or have time to even react before getting 1 shot..Now If I didn't have resistances and a shit build I would understand but I literally chose the tank occultist with all resistances right...I wouldn't even care if we got left with 10hp on hard hits but just not flat 1 shot not with mobs atleast..main bosses understandable. And why I'm even ranting and taking the time to post all of this is because I literally jumped right back in on standard league and smoked it took a hit from the same mini boss just for shits and giggles and sure enough took all my energy shield but left me 300 health. GGG I hope one of the main mods reads this and says let's make it to where even the strongest attack always leaves a player say 2 percent health. Because my gosh when your dying in HC after putting hours in, mind you doing this late at night after daughter and wife goes to sleep because she says xbox neglects her and our daughter..then it's really hard to stay motivated to keep playing because I'm worried all the hours I'm putting in will be worthless because I can randomly get 1 hit any second...and that's supposedly with one of the tankiest builds you can have. I'm not saying every attack should leave 2 percent I'm saying if your full energy shield and life then the most a single attack can take is 98 percent never 100...once again as long as resistances are capped. So say I'm full and get hit once with super strong attack then I'm left with 2 percent heal and while I'm healing and in the middle of healing I get hit with same attack then ya that should Def kill me. I'm saying single attack full shield full life capped res should always leave atleast a chance. Because at this point my deaths aren't aren't player error, couldn't be because they happen so fast I don't even have time to screw up lol.
Dalton
Last bumped on Apr 3, 2021, 2:15:26 PM
That just sounds like your character is badly built.
1450 life & 1300ES isn't even nearly enough.
And non capped resistances...

Also they will never do that.
2700 hp is something i usually have around act 7, in SC. For HC that value is a joke.

That aside, if GGG did what you ask people would abuse by that making very low HP builds that can heal up instantly. Being able to do that is most likely the main reason why GGG is balancing so much with oneshot mechanics. If a player doesn't die in less then 0,5 sec he won't die at all.
So to the replies I literally watched a 1 hour and 15 minute deal about defense and resistances with ziz and nugi (pros). They both say 1.5k hp by act 6 and 3k by act 10. I literally just started act 7 then went to round 2 ascension to get frigid wake to make bosses simple. If you actually read all the post I said it shouldn't leave 2 percent on every attack. I said it should on full health full shield even if your missing 1 hp you should be able to be killed. And if you got hit had your 2 percent and got hit while healing (and your not full hp) with same strong hit then ya it should wipe you. And I was 20 percent off 1 resistance which by the way the attack I got hit by was not lightning (only resis that wasn't capped it was 55percent.) It was a fire attack which I had 91 resis in. And as far as bad build I literally went off of big ducks build and stuck to exact same shit didn't try and deviate thinking I knew better and yea it was a hc RECOMMENDED build for 3.13. So what are you guys running right after act 6 6k hp with 2k energy shield and 90+ resis on everything lmao...the whole point of the post to begin with is I researched hours and hours on builds and resis and yes I agree not being capped was not ok. But my argument is that the attack I was hit with was capped and then some. I'm generally curious what you guys consider a good hp and energy shield pool is right after act 6 at lvl 61. And if you guys honestly thought that I was thinking they would just change the whole mechanic after reading my post I dunno who's more oblivious. Honestly was just hoping for a read give them something to think about whether they changed it or not. I don't understand how every hc player wouldn't agree. If you literally have 0 chance to move flask flame dash or anything how can that be a players error? And also my fault but I had 0 auras except herald I wasn't using discipline molten shell or artic armor. Which realizing that now ya 100 percent on me so 1450 and 1300 is still bad right after act 6 with 0 auras because passive tree was life and energy shield focused I don't see how I could of gotten it any higher without making dps literally slim to none. But definitely open minded so enlighten me all knowing path players. And just looked both you guys up literally neither of you even have a HC character usually giving someone hc advice and talking shit on a hc build I would definitely wanna back that by actually having a hc character lmao....
Dalton
Last edited by SnewZen on Mar 31, 2021, 8:23:54 AM
"
If you actually read all the post I said...

Walls of text don't get read. That's just human behavior. I didn't read either of your posts, other than catching this line. :-)

It takes a lot of things to succeed in HC, which I gather from the title is your challenge. You want more EH than on SC. Rather than saying, I'm in Act 6, I only need 1800 life + ES (which is fine for SC), you should be saying, I'm level 70 and playing HC, I should be around 4000.

You also need more layers of defense, and you need to play differently.

Keep in mind, unless a guide says that it's specifically focused on HC play, "HC viable" just means it can work in HC, but you'll almost certainly have to make some adjustments.

Good luck next time. But take a break from HC for a bit.

Last edited by GreyLensman on Mar 31, 2021, 9:04:53 AM
"
SnewZen wrote:
So to the replies I literally watched a 1 hour and 15 minute deal about defense and resistances with ziz and nugi (pros). They both say 1.5k hp by act 6 and 3k by act 10.[...]
You also need a good internet connection. If your internet connection is bad, it might look like you got one shot, when actually you've been hit 5+ times over 2-3 seconds.

PS: please use line breaks and commas, to improve the readability of your posts.
Take a look at the product of an average education system.
Then multiply it by online education.

It's a disaster. Unbelievable.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Mar 31, 2021, 1:04:21 PM
I suggest playing SC and switching back to HC once you improve your game knowledge and building ability.

edit: and btw, most "oneshots" people are referring to are in fact caused by fast sequence of hits.
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Mar 31, 2021, 1:34:52 PM
Try playing a Jugg and get max resists asap.
Some of us just admit we dont have what it take instead of trying fuck with dozens of dudes who make 100 within first week SSFHC. Stay in your lane homie. eg SC...dont try and change a very competitive part of the game.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Apr 2, 2021, 1:11:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info