Sunderella needs help

@PoB: Is it up to date?
Check bottom left if updates are available.
And as far cluster jewels go: You always have to allocate those yourself. For some reason the import function isnt working well enough to get it done automatically.

As I said: Im not a melee expert, not even close to :)
I disliked the playstyle in every aRPG I ever played and rarely give it a shot in PoE. So Im the last person to ask for advice.

My DB experiment this league showed me though, that I´ll never ever go again for namelocking melee skills but for some pseudo ranged/AoE skills with a melee tag instead.

Mobility would be one key factor to build around, so the skill needs to support that. Id probably go for something like Lacerate, Earthshatter/Earthquake bleed - like hit em once, hit em hard and GTFO.

The Steel skills look nice as well, if you can stack enough Life gain on Hit and just ignore incoming dmg as long as you do hit stuff.

Possibly good old Reave. But only for ele/chaos conversion stuff. I dont think the numbers for a pure phys version are good enough.

And yeah besides bleed I think you´ll have to go impale or crit. I dont see how to scale melee well enough otherwise - except for conversion shenanigens maybe.

Staff crit should be super easy to pull off. And staves at least do provide some block, so there is that.
Honestly these days I do build around block because its fairly cheap and effective. Shield are far better though when it comes to sustain as long as you can afford life/es gain on block.

As a rough blueprint Id build around this:
Soul Tether belt, Glorious Vanity jewel and "Gain 10% life as ES" chest craft.
All three combined would add up for a total "Gain 36% life as ES" and the belt allows to leech ES as long as you do have a leech source plus build in Slayer overleech (so no need to go for Slayer at all). So if I had some 7k life Id automatically gain 2.5k ES plus whatever ES I can get from my gear without any ES scaling. Should be very easy to stack some 10k+ EHP this way and Id invest everything else into dmg nodes and utility/mobility.

Id expect leech plus overleech combined with a massive EHP pool and some block to carry my clueless ass as long as Im able to dish out respectable dmg and have enough mobility to avoid most of the incoming dmg. To help out in the dmg and speed departments Id probably go for Berserker or Champion, if I wanted even more defense. The other melee ascendancies dont look sexy enough to me but then again, Im not an expert ;)
Last edited by Orbaal on Apr 5, 2021, 6:16:02 AM
"
Orbaal wrote:
@PoB: Is it up to date?
Check bottom left if updates are available.

That was the first thing I checked. Good to know about the cluster jewels, though.

Anyway, I took Sunderella through her paces today and had an absolute blast. When shit comes together and she has accumulated some useful rares the amount of destruction she sows is a real joy.
She was crushing everything in T15 maps and was only ever in danger one or two times. I must admit that I rerolled over the really evil mods on the maps and was probably lucky with the rogue metamorphs, but I haven't enjoyed PoE this much in quite a while.

I can really recommend giving melee a chance once you've achieved your league goals.
May your maps be bountiful, exile

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info