Sunderella needs help

Well to be brutally honest: You just got the basics covered. 6k life and capped res, thats about it. Tossed in a bit blind but no evasion to back it up and thats all you got.

Thats not good enough and you are figuring that out the hard way ;)

Im by no means a melee expert, but you need to invest into other layers of defense. Block, leech, regen, fortify, more ehp via guard skills, taunt for your minions and so on - just to name a few options. Also your flasks are still pretty bad.

Cant say Im surprised tbh.

This setup would have been good enough a few years ago but not in todays PoE.
Its too fast paced, especially if you are upfront in everyones face. You cant manually dodge and therefore have to able to tank a few hits.

You got room for that, if you are willing to ditch the totem setup in your chest and focus on survivability instead.
Its not gonna be easy, but this build shouldnt fail in yellow maps.

Also: You could ditch that hammer (I know you like it a lot) and go for scourge claw + shield instead just to check out if that makes a difference and allows you to continue, if you do enjoy the playstyle enough.
My Guardian DomBlow could clear red maps easily. Still got destroyed every now and then when I got too cocky and rolled nasty maps. But oh well, thats PoE I guess ^^

Gotta be flexible and use the tools available :)
"
Orbaal wrote:
Well to be brutally honest: You just got the basics covered. 6k life and capped res, thats about it. Tossed in a bit blind but no evasion to back it up and thats all you got.

Uhm, no? Permanent fortify, some Endu charges, Sand stance, meat shields, Maimed+blinded enemies due to the totems, less damaging enemies due to my chest aura, quite a lot of armour, lots of regen and leech. Lots of mobility while my minions go to work.
I'd say that's quite a lot. Sure, I could squeeze out more, but not without scarificing too much life or damage.

"
Orbaal wrote:
Also: You could ditch that hammer (I know you like it a lot) and go for scourge claw + shield instead ...

That would be totally missing the point, as that hammer is the reason I tried this build at all.

And yes, I've learned that it's not viable at end game (red maps and big bosses), and that's fine.
I guess DB has to built in a very specific way to be endgame-viable. And this hammer or play stlye obviously aren't it. No biggie, it served its primary purpose, which was to have fun. Everything else would turn it into work from here on in.
May your maps be bountiful, exile
"
Orbaal wrote:
Gotta be flexible and use the tools available :)

Oh, and I disagree with that. Flexibility does not mean "You wanna play DB? Then use a claw and go max block". In fact, that is the opposite of flexibility.
Also, what else is that hammer for? 2H melee minion stuff screams DB.

But like I said, it's fine that not all cool builds are end game viable, so no harm done.
"
SisterBlister wrote:
"
Orbaal wrote:

Uhm, no? Permanent fortify, some Endu charges, Sand stance, meat shields, Maimed+blinded enemies due to the totems, less damaging enemies due to my chest aura, quite a lot of armour, lots of regen and leech. Lots of mobility while my minions go to work.
I'd say that's quite a lot. Sure, I could squeeze out more, but not without scarificing too much life or damage

I dont want to start a fight or anything like that. Still I have to say I do disagree after taking a good long look at your PoB.

Here is what I see:
- Fortify on your jewel
I did overlook that one previously. So my bad
- 10k Armor if your flask is up. Thats not a lot and does barely anything. I know the tooltip is misleading and suggests way more mitigation than it actually does provide. The tooltip is always assuming small hits and for that armor is great. But if you take harder hits its borderline worthless
- 3 Endu charges at best, if Immo Call didnt consume them. So thats not sustained mitigation. Those might be up or not and if they arent up, you are very vulnerable. Which is why I dislike Immo Call. I takes too long to get endus up again and Immo Call doesnt last long enough to make it really count. Out of all guard skill, this one is the worst in my book. Used to be great but not anymore. PoE is too fast paced for this one
- 360 life regen per sec is bad. Like really bad.
- No leech or Im just unable to find a leech source. If you had at least 1k life sustain combined from regen and leech, you would be ok. Still not great but it would be somewhat ok. Again: PoE is really fast paced. You bounce back immediately or you die. Its that simple
- Sand stance only affects attacks and its gonna be always spells you will have to deal with the most in endgame. Atk mitigation is just not good enough.
- Blind with no evasion to back it up is worthless. Your chance to evade is probably in the single digits. And again evasion doesnt affect spells at all.
- Sporeguards mitigation is only affecting nearby enemies. Again doing nothing for ranged spells.
- Cant tell what Pantheon you are using. Might add something to your overall defenses or not.
- Mobility is a great form a defense, thats true.

So overall you got fortify and mobility as far as Im concerned when it comes to sustained mitigation. They rest is conditional and/or only affecting attacks. Plus except for flasks, you have close to no life sustain.
Thats why I said you just got the basics covered. Yes do have a lot of stuff, but again: its mostly conditional. If its not up when you need it you end up dead.

When it comes down to the wire your defenses are paperthin and unfortunately nowhere near as strong as you might think. Im sorry. I wish there was a way to put it less blunt.
You basically already confirmed my evaluation of your defenses by saying you are dying way too often in fairly easy T9s.

Again: I dont want to start a fight. Im just trying to offer an explanation as to why you are dying more often than you should.
Don't really feel like bothering with this topic too much but i just want to point out that a melee without, at the very least, 1,5k life/second in terms of sustain is trash and won't survive shit. Ultimately it depends a lot on how much mitigation you have, generally you can get away with less sustain if your mitigation is high, but that build doesn't seem to have much in terms of mitigation so it want's all the sustain it can get.

You have to survive in mobs for a while to create your minions, if you can't sustain yourself in that time frame you are toast and your minions won't do shit while you are doing it.

Also what Orbaal said, relying on situational defensive layers and thinking you are tanky because in POB you have all the right markers set is the easiest way to get you killed. You need decent defenses even in the worst case scenario and that doesn't seem to be the case, you are somewhat decent in the best case, if that.
"
Baharoth15 wrote:
...and thinking you are tanky because in POB you have all the right markers set is the easiest way to get you killed...

I never said I believe I'm tanky. I wrote that I believe I use most of the defenses available to this character, given the limit a 2H hammer and a melee play style place on it.

As to regen: To me it looks kinda superfluous, because my health globe is almost always at 100% and only occasionally drops to almost 0 or even empty all in one go. So mitigation is what I'm looking for, not regen of maybe 20-25% of my life pool per sec. By the time that helped, my flasks have either taken care of the problem or I'm anyway dead.

But thanks for the input, it confirms that this build is nearing its shelf life, which is good info as well.
Thanks for reminding me why i didn't want to bother helping here in the first place, just shouldn't have bothered in the first place. What a waste of time -.-
"
Baharoth15 wrote:
Thanks for reminding me why i didn't want to bother helping here in the first place, just shouldn't have bothered in the first place. What a waste of time -.-

Hey, my reply was serious and with no hidden motifs or attacks in it. I just laid out why I think your comments won't make a huge difference to this specific build.

Don't assume malice where none was intended.
I wasn't assuming malice at all. Your response was just exactly what i predicted and i find it extremely frustrating with this community.

You made a build yourself, which is an honorable thing to do, but then see it fall apart in yellow maps which is childsplay for any well made build. You then have 2 experienced players tell you why your build falls apart and you flat out ignore both of them knowing it better and come to the conclusion that your build just can't push higher like it's some absolute law.

That's what's pissing me off so much. I am not going to say your build could do T19 100 delirious maps if you did it right, there is a limit for most builds of how high they can go, but yellow maps certainly isn't it.
"
Baharoth15 wrote:
I wasn't assuming malice at all. Your response was just exactly what i predicted and i find it extremely frustrating with this community.

You made a build yourself, which is an honorable thing to do, but then see it fall apart in yellow maps which is childsplay for any well made build. You then have 2 experienced players tell you why your build falls apart and you flat out ignore both of them knowing it better and come to the conclusion that your build just can't push higher like it's some absolute law.

That's what's pissing me off so much. I am not going to say your build could do T19 100 delirious maps if you did it right, there is a limit for most builds of how high they can go, but yellow maps certainly isn't it.

That response was just rubbish.
All you wrote in your fist post was
"1. Your build is crap, it needs more regen"
"2. You think you're tanky, you are mistaken"
"3. You need more defenses, else you die too easily".

Ah, well, great answer. Orbaal and I have been way past that days ago already.
Trivialities (except maybe line 1), given in a very condescending tone. I still answered them in all seriousness, and your answer to that is "Damn noob, you should listen to me!".
Sorry, no.

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by JC_GGG on Mar 31, 2021, 8:51:10 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info