Righteous Fire

Damage over Time cannot be Converted, period.
Damn.... thanks for the answer though!!
I wonder if it's working as intended or it's a bug.

I'm playing Righteous Fire burner, and did some testing with Sacrificial Harvest jewels. It turned out that killing enemies with burn from RF is not granting addinational soul per kill from Sacrificial Harvest. Tested it on ~50 mobs with 55% chance for another soul from jewels so there is no place for mistake from my side.

Would be great if someone from GGG can clarify it for me if it's a bug or working as intended.

Thanks in advance.
Bumping for attention,

I am writing this today to share my experience going pure RF at 65 up to lvl 94 and 64% exp at this time of this post in Tempest league.
Link to profile (character SelfImmolation): https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/D4wdl/characters

Here are some points that needs to be spoken of (english is not my native language, so I apologize)

The Area of Effect:
Back when you could snapshot the damage with dual redbeaks for 200% increased damage, you did not require concentrated effect and had immense damage (I never played it before the nerf, but my friend did so I know). You could also use Increased AoE's old quality to have a lot of radius increase and you could even slap on conc effect if you wanted to.

Now you have next to no area of effect because you need to use Concentrated effect to have necessary dmg output and the AOE gem quality is now area damage. You have next to no aoe coverage. In most situations you need to go up to each individual mob to kill them and it brings me to my next point:

The intake damage:
The physical and base damage of monsters and their life in addition to the small aoe requires you to stand on top of the damage for a long time depending on the mobs. Granted you might be using cyclone with fortify to reduce the damage taken, ruby flasks with around 1.5k regen if you have around 10k HP, granite up and whatever elemental flask up. Along with Purity of fire aura, vitality, and arctic armour setup. While it looks very tanky on paper, the fact that you need to move around a lot more to damage them makes your AA almost useless unless you are doing a boss fight. You can still get chunked quite hard just because of the AoE not getting rid of monsters standing just right outside your AoE. (Looking at you Vaal Giants, whippers, puncture miscreations from act 4, rhoas, etc)

Endgame and mapping:
Considering the damage output, when you get to endgame a lot of problem happens. We spoke about the AoE, the damage taken.

Let's start with the map mods themselves:

You can't do many mods and some are doable but very risky. Mods like: Minus Max % resistances, 40% or more reduced life regen is impossible. Some are doable such as vulnerability or 20% reduced life regen, but you have to keep either all endurance charges up (for vuln) or flask up (for life regen) and it's still very scary depending if you map also has extra damage mods or scary mob types. For the record, I once lost a map that had vuln because the monsters were all from the kaom's act 4 area and dealt too much damage and had too much life to sustain flasks. You end up spending too many chaos, because whenever you cannot do a mod you need to burn another chaos. On average I would spend at least 10 chaos to roll an okay map, add boxes mod another 10 chaos, bring 200 alterations augments and scourings... But that's another topic of map sustaining, still, it affects pure RFers a lot.

Party mapping:

You can do up to 3 man without being a useless weight, after that you deal so little damage, you're basically leeching the map because of that.
You get no scaling whatsoever, most auras except for the defensive ones are helping you. And that doesn't helping the map clearing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Changes to make it more fun / viable:

--- Increase the base aoe when no other skills are in effect, or some way for pure RFers to have better AOE than it currently has...
--- Make some kind of damage increase, wether for party only scaling or not
Archives, https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2206812
"
D4wdl wrote:
Spoiler
Bumping for attention,

I am writing this today to share my experience going pure RF at 65 up to lvl 94 and 64% exp at this time of this post in Tempest league.
Link to profile (character SelfImmolation): https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/D4wdl/characters

Here are some points that needs to be spoken of (english is not my native language, so I apologize)

The Area of Effect:
Back when you could snapshot the damage with dual redbeaks for 200% increased damage, you did not require concentrated effect and had immense damage (I never played it before the nerf, but my friend did so I know). You could also use Increased AoE's old quality to have a lot of radius increase and you could even slap on conc effect if you wanted to.

Now you have next to no area of effect because you need to use Concentrated effect to have necessary dmg output and the AOE gem quality is now area damage. You have next to no aoe coverage. In most situations you need to go up to each individual mob to kill them and it brings me to my next point:

The intake damage:
The physical and base damage of monsters and their life in addition to the small aoe requires you to stand on top of the damage for a long time depending on the mobs. Granted you might be using cyclone with fortify to reduce the damage taken, ruby flasks with around 1.5k regen if you have around 10k HP, granite up and whatever elemental flask up. Along with Purity of fire aura, vitality, and arctic armour setup. While it looks very tanky on paper, the fact that you need to move around a lot more to damage them makes your AA almost useless unless you are doing a boss fight. You can still get chunked quite hard just because of the AoE not getting rid of monsters standing just right outside your AoE. (Looking at you Vaal Giants, whippers, puncture miscreations from act 4, rhoas, etc)

Endgame and mapping:
Considering the damage output, when you get to endgame a lot of problem happens. We spoke about the AoE, the damage taken.

You can't do many mods and some are doable but very risky. Mods like: Minus Max % resistances, 40% or more reduced life regen is impossible. Some are doable such as vulnerability or 20% reduced life regen, but you have to keep either all endurance charges up (for vuln) or flask up (for life regen) and it's still very scary depending if you map also has extra damage mods or scary mob types. For the record, I once lost a map that had vuln because the monsters were all from the kaom's act 4 area and dealt too much damage and had too much life to sustain flasks. You end up spending too many chaos, because whenever you cannot do a mod you need to burn another chaos. On average I would spend at least 10 chaos to roll an okay map, add boxes mod another 10 chaos, bring 200 alterations augments and scourings... But that's another topic of map sustaining, still, it affects pure RFers a lot.

Party mapping:

You can do up to 3 man without being a useless weight, after that you deal so little damage, you're basically leeching the map because of that.
You get no scaling whatsoever, most auras except for the defensive ones are helping you. And that doesn't helping the map clearing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--- Increase the base aoe when no other skills are in effect, or some way for pure RFers to have better AOE than it currently has...

Hi, I wrote a small guide about my pure RF with 4 variants, you might find something useful inside

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1413162

I play only solo so I allocated EE which works really nice. I can do slow regen maps and sometimes -max res (depending on value and on map type), thanks to the blood dance boots. I also curse on hit, activate fortify and gain life on hit through cyclone, so when I reach a mob I'm already close enough to deal damage even with small AoE. For damage mitigation enduring cry with 5 charges and a level 10 to 20 CWDT with immortal call works well enough. Few of your concerns are legit, but you should give a try to the version with Belly of the Beast + Blood Dance instead of Kaom.

I hope to have been of some help
Last edited by ammenz on Sep 9, 2015, 4:19:40 PM
"
D4wdl wrote:
Bumping for attention,

The Area of Effect:

The intake damage:

Endgame and mapping:

Party mapping:

+1!
"
ammenz wrote:
"
D4wdl wrote:
Spoiler
Bumping for attention,

The Area of Effect:

The intake damage:

Endgame and mapping:

Party mapping:

Hi, I wrote a small guide about my pure RF with 4 variants, you might find something useful inside

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1413162

I play only solo so I allocated EE which works really nice. I can do slow regen maps and sometimes -max res (depending on value and on map type), thanks to the blood dance boots. I also curse on hit, activate fortify and gain life on hit through cyclone, so when I reach a mob I'm already close enough to deal damage even with small AoE. For damage mitigation enduring cry with 5 charges and a level 10 to 20 CWDT with immortal call works well enough. Few of your concerns are legit, but you should give a try to the version with Belly of the Beast + Blood Dance instead of Kaom.

I hope to have been of some help

+2
"
ammenz wrote:
you should give a try to the version with Belly of the Beast + Blood Dance instead of Kaom

I just did a no dmg mod Shrine 81 map with my friend and she hit me for 7k and 2k consicutively with the ice shot. No, I won't use belly version :)
Archives, https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2206812
Totem feedback

I am currently lvl 83 and have a totem modifier of +110% increased life with a level 19 spell totem gem. If the information on the poe wiki is right, and the less damage modifier on spell totem is correct, my totems are the equivalent of players casting righteous fire with about 6553 life. Again, if the information on wiki is correct, following same calculation method, with a lvl 21 (corrupted) spell totem gem and in a +1 socketed gems (vaal implicit, or unique hats), and with the last gem socket I am missing (Sire of Stone left of the templar, for an area containing 70 strength which means +21% increased totem life) it would be like an RF from a player with about 10568 life.

Primary problems with this as a totem skill aside from the inherently small area size, is the cast time. It's stupid how long it takes for damage to start happening when the totem is placed, and you have very little incentive to acquire cast speed. A decrease in cast time on this skill would increase diversity for variety of this skill's use. Regardless of totem placement speed, the totem will just cast righteous fire so slowly, when and due to the fact that you need to refresh your totems about every 4 seconds assuming you have 75% all res on your totems, its just a massive pain.

As totem user you have to use traps for elemental equilibrium which is slower than normal already (ancestral bond). A benefit though is that a second searing bond totem can stack the degen when you want even more damage on single targets.

Another small benefit is that you're gonna have the tankiest totems ever if you feel like using other types of totems for whatever reason (decoy, devour, rejuv).

Universally, one of great parts of this skill is that 5 links won't even be necessarily an improvement until the next patch that introduces more involves damage over time supports.
Have not played PoE in a while but was thinking of getting into again with the new patch. I was thinking about making some Righteous Fire + Pain Attunement build to boost spell dmg and use Shavronnes Wrappings to not get rekt by chaos dmg.
I was just wondering how RF works now. Is it 90% of life + 70% of ES burning on your ES, or just the 70%?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info