Display error: wrong DEFENSE stats after change in ascendency

Dear Support-Team,

after changing my ascendency points I took "COMMANDER OF DARKNESS" that grants - amonst other improvements - +30% of resistance to the char and its allies.

BUT:

The Character-Screen / tab DEFENSE still shows the "old" values. Path of Building though recognizes the change (+30).

What shall I do? Capping my res to 45% (DEFENSE-value) ?

Thank you for your investigations...
Last bumped on Mar 27, 2021, 5:34:06 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
supplement entry:

AFTER leaving the hide-out and trading one item the DEFENSE stats are OK.

BUT:

just logging out and in did not refresh the stats...
There is no bug......some passive skill are coded as hidden aura but in town it is not activate
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
Actually I reproduced the bug twice.

It has nothing to do with "in town" - the resistance-values must be in every context the same. After a trade the formally wrong settings were adjusted and then (in every context: town, hideout or map) were displayed correctly.

To put it into a test:

1) Get a NECROMANCER without "COMMANDER OF DARKNESS" ascendency notable.

2) Respec 2 points and take the "COMMANDER OF DARKNESS"

3) Open CHAR-stats TAB DEFENSE: wrong "old" values

4) make a trade

5) Open CHAR-stats TAB DEFENSE: values are (correctly) adjusted (i.e. the buggy behaviour ends here)

POTENTIALLY: this behaviour might occur also if you take "COMMANDER OF DARKNESS" for the first time without respec of 2 points.
It is not a bug......

"COMMANDER OF DARKNESS" is coded as hidden aura and you can't have aura in town....
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

I hear what you say. Could you help me understand this? (How can I upload screenshots here?)

Please consider FIRE-Resistance:

Fire 75 (100) in HIDEOUT, MAPS
Fire 70 (70) in TOWN

Fire 75 (+25) in PoBuilding incl. +30 from COMMANDER OF DARKNESS
(open CALC, then in the bottom-right corner)

I have two questions:

a) why was the value (in HIDEOUT!) after respec 70 (70) and then after TRADE 75 (100)? I mean: what event changed the value and why?

b) If you were right and PoB wrong: where do the +30 come from in the CHAR-DEFENSE stats if not from the COMMANDER notable?

Thank you for helping me to understand the bug.
For POB, make sure you select Bandit right.....

For passive skill, nothing wrong....

https://www.pathofexile.com/ascendancy/classes/Necromancer

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2841942/page/2

Last edited by neohongkong on Mar 27, 2021, 5:22:53 AM
That is a kinda-too-fast reply from you? ;-) *no offence*

POB: Two passive points (Bandits) AND please consider that the details (mouse-over event) provides the details I just explained.

Sorry - have to go to work now. I acknowledge that you avoid to consider that values changed (were adjusted) for no obvious (logical) reasons. As I am a programmer I have an idea why this bug occurred.

Anyhow: I surrender ;-)

Stay healthy and have an excellent week-end.

DO YOU UNDERSTAND IT IS AN AURA THAT +30 ELEMETNAL RES. BUT IT ONLY ACTIVACTE IN COMBAT AREA AND NOT IN TOWN?

uncap res 70 + 30 = 100, nothing else

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info