0.9.9 Patch Notes

That is dead sexy, I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm a little turned on right now.
There is a fine line between genius and insanity, I have erased that line and replaced it with a trout.
Magic items drop less frequently, while rares and uniques remain unchanged?

That was where my smile died. Right there.
Why? Generally, I like to make my own magic items anyway.
Let me at them! Let me! I'll smash and crawl until i die "rawr".

This patch has changed the whole Poe. GG developers :)
Playing POE since 0.9.0
"
Rowsol wrote:
"
The experience formula for multiplayer games has changed. There is now a 30% experience bonus for being in an area with a party member, and additional players in an area beyond the first add 50% more experience rather than 75%. This is a little better for two-person parties and a little worse for six-person parties.

I'm having trouble understanding this.

Let's say you need a certain amount of exp to remain on course for the areas. If you are only getting 30% more, but splitting 50% with your team mate, won't you gradually underlevel the upcoming areas?

If a monster is worth 100 experience, you get 100 * 1.3 * 1.5 = 195 experience, split between you. This is about 2% less experience than you'd get by yourself, but you have two guys synergising together.

"
TzarChasm wrote:

Magic items were dropping about 2.5x as often as we intended them to! The item progression feels a lot better now. They sell for more in the vendors too.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
Chris wrote:
Magic items were dropping about 2.5x as often as we intended them to! The item progression feels a lot better now. They sell for more in the vendors too.

if there's less magic items dropping, wouldnt that indirectly effect the number of items that could have been 'upgraded' via/ item rarity to rare or unique?
I am really disappointed with this patch because of the legacy migration and other points that I'm going to explain.

Now there is usually 500-800 players on POE, I remember not so long ago, it was 1600. O_o maybe a problem...

With the legacy migration, if I choose to continue to play my lvl 75 Witch, I will have no friends to play with because most of them will do a new character in the f****** new default league.
And if I choose to make a new character it will be again hundreds of hours to get a decent gear.

I dislike the new patch, there is a ton of (useless) things but not really fun things or expected things. I know that most of the disappointed players won't take the time to explain why they will play D3 but I'm going to do it :

The totem/trap system sucks a bit because it makes you more passive/immovable. I remember the D2 assassin and it was not fun at all.

About bugs : you said nothing about the server problem (difficult to reconnect after a crash) which is really SUPER annoying. Does it mean you did nothing to solve it ??? And what about the bugged instance (blocked at loading screen when changing instances) ? Nothing...

Nothing new about the boring random orb system : still need 300 fusings and jewelers to craft a 6 linked armor, yeah thousands of hours wasted......
Without a 6 linked, I canno't try new strategies, skill combo which is fun. Damn the f***** limit of 3 sockets per wand.

Nothing new about maelstrom of chaos... the funniest part of the game...
And you gain less experience with a full party... yeah thousands of hours to go to lvl 76...

Where is the new trading system ? Still need to loose time to party, go to mud flat, drop things on the floor....

I am wondering, are you listening to the community ?

The only cool new thing is the behaviour of monster. They were totally dumb, now they will be super badass and kill us very often... yeah hundreds of hours per death wasted in merciless.

Some ideas for the next patch :

New items

New spells gem for the witch

A new element : air

More minions with good IQ / that you can control

Improvement for Maelstrom of chaos : surprise after a special path, labyrinth. Hidden treasures, secret keys, etc.

"
TzarChasm wrote:

Seriously, less magic items dropping towards the end of the game should be a good thing. In the end-game, magic items are actually worse than whites since you either have to spend an extra scouring orb before using an alchemy orb, or use an expensive regal orb to upgrade them to rares. On the other hand, if you really want more magic items for some reason, getting them with orbs of transmutation is really cheap.
Great, right after I reintroduced myself to my family and began putting thought into how to advance my career... this would be announced.
Im glad there will be a stressweekend, im glad to see such awesome patch notes, im sad that i did not receive a beta key yet, and im sad that paysafe is still not an option.

Y u no listen to me ?! ;-) *SADFACE*

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info