Support help 6link is now a 5link please help, power outtage

Hey GGG i play on xbox one and was trying to 6link my astral plate and it looked and seemed like it 6link but 2 or 3 seconds later my power went out and when i logged back in now its 5linked but missing the first link then does all 5. I swear that it was 6linked cuz i panniced like it does that "item is already done message" it was odd like the universe said no 6link for you. but suport told me to make a post here. I hope you can look on your end and see if it said it did link then went to 5 for some reason, if not its ok i enjoyed the excitment lol this happend about 22mins ago its 4:22pm right now, us region idk which one im in montana, yes im using wifi, xbox one origional and im xApoc20 just weird cuz this has never happend to me ive heard about it from others but being ignorant i thought i was good. Anyways please help when you can thank you GGG oh and MELEE 4 LIFE!!!
Last bumped on Mar 14, 2021, 7:09:50 PM
GGG never restore item for player for regular reason, especially not due to GGG's bug (there is some case a serious bug that allow other player to access stash and character that no belongs to them and item deleted. Only that time they declared they will attempted to restore item)
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
GGG! ok, understandable but the 5link is upside down like it doesnt have the first one linked it skips it and the rest is linked, the first socket isnt attaced but the rest is i have never seen a 5link like that before. I take it thats normal and since my power went out im just screwed? lol i had to ask cuz it makes no sense on my end thanks.
"
xApoc20 wrote:
GGG! ok, understandable but the 5link is upside down like it doesnt have the first one linked it skips it and the rest is linked, the first socket isnt attaced but the rest is i have never seen a 5link like that before.

This is sometimes called a "reverse" 5-link, and some statistical analysis of a large number of fusings used says they are about 5 times more rare than a "normal" 5-link. I.e. In six 5-links, 5 will be "forward" or "normal" 5L (with the open link on the bottom) and 1 will be a "reverse" 5L with the open link at the top.

Links are treated as if they are in a straight line, so those are the only 2 possible ways a 5L can be.
wow wild well i think it was a 6 link that reverted to a 5link cuz of the power, anyways thanks for explaing this guys much appreciated.
"
QQPQ wrote:
"
xApoc20 wrote:
GGG! ok, understandable but the 5link is upside down like it doesnt have the first one linked it skips it and the rest is linked, the first socket isnt attaced but the rest is i have never seen a 5link like that before.

This is sometimes called a "reverse" 5-link, and some statistical analysis of a large number of fusings used says they are about 5 times more rare than a "normal" 5-link. I.e. In six 5-links, 5 will be "forward" or "normal" 5L (with the open link on the bottom) and 1 will be a "reverse" 5L with the open link at the top.

Links are treated as if they are in a straight line, so those are the only 2 possible ways a 5L can be.

Unless there is something wrong how they code, i actually not understand why reverse 5 link is less common according to player testing

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/75t1c9/i_used_100000_fusings_for_science_statistics/
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
"
neohongkong wrote:

Unless there is something wrong how they code, i actually not understand why reverse 5 link is less common according to player testing

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/75t1c9/i_used_100000_fusings_for_science_statistics/

It's literally explained in the post you linked.

The game doesn't just roll a 1000-sided die for fusings on a 6S.

It rolls an initial roll that determines how many sockets are linked from the first socket (maximum 5, which makes a 6L).

It then rolls again for any remaining unlinked socket groups.

So the probability of getting a "forward" 5L is just the chance of getting a 5L on the default 6S roll.

The probably of getting a "reverse" 5L requires first rolling a zero on the initial socket group, and then a 5L on the remaining 5 links.

It's just an outcome of the way the algorithm works.

This same thing causes 4L + 2 unlinked sockets to appear *much much* more frequently in the "forward" position where the first four sockets are linked. The outcomes where you get 1-4-1 for 1-1-4 are very rare.

This lopsided way of rolling links is actually beneficial to players, because of the way the Crafting Bench changes socket colors.

For example, if you choose "3 green sockets" at the bench, those will *always* be the first 3 sockets. This makes a "forward" 5L much easier to color than a "reverse" 5L. And the same goes for smaller numbers of sockets/links as well, it's just less of an issue, because you'll usually have the resources to make a 3S or 4S item do whatever you want.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info