Unless GGG handles this games issues... they can expect a repeat of Summer 2019

POE is simultaneously in the greatest, and worst state it has ever been in.

The content is Amazing. I love it. So much.

But the game's performance is an absolute embarrassment.

It is no secret that in the summer of 2019, POE took a big hit to WoW Classic.

More people are excited for TBC than they were for vanilla classic. Given that there are many many disgruntled POE players, I believe that unless GGG openly acknowledges, discusses, and offers real timelines to fix the performance issues, POE is going to take a real big hit this summer.

Their silence on this issue after the countless complaints is astounding, given how communicative they normally are. It gives the impression that they simply do not give a f*** and take their player base for granted, and expect us to stick around regardless. They are in for a rude wake up call come TBC launch.
Last bumped on Mar 4, 2021, 7:07:47 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
Deliverme wrote:

You mean the game engine? They are working on that with the PoE2 expansion.
What is the value of my own life when it is taken from others so easily?
Last edited by Noble_Seiken on Mar 1, 2021, 11:49:26 AM
"
Noble_Seiken wrote:
"
Deliverme wrote:

I wish I was that naive to hold my breath for significant performance improvements in 4.0.
Synthesised Synthesis of Synthetic Synthesising
-----------------------------------------------
Revert 3.7 melee changes | Tfw Synthesis still not core | REVERT SUNDER
-----------------------------------------------
IGN: JustineㆍFlorbelle [Removed by Support] imagine being a forum janitor lmao
Personally, I think that all of gaming will take a significant hit this summer, when people realize they can go outdoors again, and potentially even meet other people in real life again.

Apart from that, I do agree that the performance is pretty damn bad. It is laggy and stuttery at times, and worst of all, it crashes way too regularly.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
"
Noble_Seiken wrote:
"
Deliverme wrote:

Why people keep mentioning this?

You're already using "poe2" things in game.
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
The first 2-3 weeks of patch 3.13 where barely playable / enjoyable for multiple reasons in my case, some of them still not fixed.

Totem damage nodes did not work - fixed after 2 weeks

Ryzen specific crashes to desktop - fixed afer 1 week when they introduced texture streaming

Delirium encoiunters cause micro stutters or notable lag depending how much is going on, on the screen - not fixed yet

Also if PoE league takes a massive dent again from a 14+ years old re-launch , they deserve it.

It will maybe be hot for one month tops considering how little content and more simple mechanics it has in comparison to retail.
The same speed leveling & gearing strats as back in summer 2019 will be used and shared among the community, while raids within the first week are possible.

Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Mar 2, 2021, 3:51:19 AM
With last Epoch expected launch this year, as well as D2R (confirmed can bed played offline & mod support), PoE will surely take a hit, & if these games are good, the hit maybe more than temporory. I haven't even mentioned Diablo 4.

ALo of peole are dismissing D4, & there are certian cause for concerned, but one thing the dev does better than GGG. Communication. Everxy quarter there is update, in Blizzon, they did roundtable & listen to feedback & answer question. For sure, I am not sold on many of teh answer, but at least it is apparent they listen.

Now compare that to the radio silence for PoE2. Its apparent they have alraedy decided what they want without feedback from current players, like well the original D3 devs. I am not suggesting they will screw up, it wouldn't since its an evolution from poE1, which mean it will also inherited all the issues.

I think GGG has gone too big headed with the surge of succcess from 2018 (from many angry Diablo fans with the mobile game announcement).

The only thing that will make them "care" if their bottomline is affected with players leaving for other games.

By the way, is it too late to start playing WOW?

Last edited by kiadaw on Mar 2, 2021, 4:19:44 AM
"
kiadaw wrote:
With last Epoch expected launch this year, as well as D2R (confirmed can bed played offline & mod support), PoE will surely take a hit, & if these games are good, the hit maybe more than temporory. I haven't even mentioned Diablo 4.

It will surely take a hit, hell this even happens when other major titles come out that are completely different genre's. The real question is do they offer the same replayability as PoE.
"
ALo of peole are dismissing D4, & there are certian cause for concerned, but one thing the dev does better than GGG. Communication. Everxy quarter there is update, in Blizzon, they did roundtable & listen to feedback & answer question. For sure, I am not sold on many of teh answer, but at least it is apparent they listen.

Nope, they actually SUCK with communication. Trust me I've been around the D3 messageboards. Also it's meaningless to take the recommended difficulty from hardcore players and than doubling it. You're falling for typical bull PR where they only take feedback from top streamers who play a completely different game than we do.
"
I think GGG has gone too big headed with the surge of succcess from 2018 (from many angry Diablo fans with the mobile game announcement).
The only thing that will make them "care" if their bottomline is affected with players leaving for other games.

The only reason the game even got this surge of players is because of D3's fuckups. It was the right game at the right time. This had a way bigger impact than Diablo Immortal did.

In the end, vote with your wallet if you don't like the current state of the game and they'll start feeling the consequences of their actions at some point.
Last edited by DarkKaine on Mar 2, 2021, 9:09:36 AM
WoW can go fuck itself. Never played that game. Never will.

D2R I may give a try. I never played D2 but it probably has a fun story mode. If I do it will be during the end of a league downtime.

D4, same deal as D2R.

I don’t think any ARPG can compete with PoE. GGG has too much of a head start when it comes to end game content and build depth and they just keep churning more out. PoE2 is going to literally double the number of ascendancies available. It’s insane.

GGG would have to do something truly disastrous to drive me away. I could see performance issues doing it if they rendered the game unplayable for multiple leagues. That said I don’t currently have any significant performance issues on my desktop that I built in 2016. I did lower my settings a bit this league because my half juiced(I always forget sextants) delirium maps were starting to become choppy. If I did have major issues I’d probably just build a new rig seeing as how my current one is going to be 5 years old this year.
"
kiadaw wrote:

Now compare that to the radio silence for PoE2. Its apparent they have alraedy decided what they want without feedback from current players, like well the original D3 devs. I am not suggesting they will screw up, it wouldn't since its an evolution from poE1, which mean it will also inherited all the issues.

By the way, is it too late to start playing WOW?

The other thing Diablo has? It is smooth. It doesnt feel like like you are playing an amateur hour game.

I only raid at this point in WoW Classic. It is a ton of fun.

If you think you would play TBC, I would level a character to 60 and get prepared, but probably too late to really take advantage of WoW Vanilla.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info