I truly do not understand why people hate on harvest

Because it outclasses everything by miles. Makes all drops useless except bases of course. Unique chests and most other items all garbage. Almost everything is a leveling unique now except HH. It's actually worse SSF because you are forced to play All-Hamlet-All-the-time because its so damn good (even though most maps in there suck big time). It doesnt matter if you play 8 hours a week or 80 you're there. At least with trade you can do whole atlas and buy whatever crafts u need albiet imperfect tft discording. With trade they may run into retention problems since people gear so good so fast. There is no good solution but maybe account bound and spread it out over whole atlas. No harvest specific nodes either. 1% chance or so.

This would slow things down, not pigeonhole players, and reward time in accordingly.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Feb 27, 2021, 3:39:24 AM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Because it outclasses everything by miles. Makes all drops useless except bases of course. Unique chests and most other items all garbage. Almost everything is a leveling unique now except HH. It's actually worse SSF because you are forced to play All-Hamlet-All-the-time because its so damn good (even though most maps in there suck big time). It doesnt matter if you play 8 hours a week or 80 you're there. At least with trade you can do whole atlas and buy whatever crafts u need albiet imperfect tft discording. With trade they may run into retention problems since people gear so good so fast. There is no good solution but maybe account bound and spread it out over whole atlas. No harvest specific nodes either. 1% chance or so.

This would slow things down, not pigeonhole players, and reward time in accordingly.

People did and do just fine in this game before harvest
Sounds like people are upset cus they got what they wanted
Deterministic crafting and the ability to choose what content you want to engage with most

I still don't get the issue. Just sounds like people are so obsessed with stupid streamers trying to minmax every second of game time

Its a game

Fucking enjoy it stop treating it like a job just cus some guy on twitch does
(سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س
"
RitualMurder wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

Deterministic crafting and the ability to choose what content you want to engage with most

I still don't get the issue. Just sounds like people are so obsessed with stupid streamers trying to minmax every second of game time

Its a game

What does streamers have to do with anything? Some people enjoy min maxing and chasing the best, some people enjoy playing more relaxed. If you make the process to do one of these things really fucking stupid, its gonna piss of people who like doing that, right? It doesnt annoy you or players like you, but people who WANT to optimize their gameplay because that is what they LIKE are gonna get annoyed.

I never wanted deterministic crafting. At least not one this powerful. You see if you like optimizing what you do, having one thing be 100 times more efficient than everything else is a problem

Since the implementation of harvest i have crafted less and dont feel any motivation to engage with it
Last edited by jewdas12 on Feb 27, 2021, 4:38:41 AM
Getting what you want removes the thing you want from your want list.

This game thrives on a healthy want list.

Without it, there's no reason to play.

I don't hate on harvest, because I don't let it ruin my game. It's fine for occasional use. But when you start trading for the "services" the game is ruined. They tried to remove that aspect, and to a large part succeeded. It's now "risky" to trade for harvest crafts. I would say foolish.
I dont get it either, how does content you're not forced to do, make people upset?

I disliked Harvest-League, it was just no fun to me. The New Implementation i enjoy.

I get excited, what will i be able to craft?

Thanks to New Harvest i crafted way more and still have a shitton of things i want to craft.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Getting what you want removes the thing you want from your want list.

This game thrives on a healthy want list.

Without it, there's no reason to play.

I don't hate on harvest, because I don't let it ruin my game. It's fine for occasional use. But when you start trading for the "services" the game is ruined. They tried to remove that aspect, and to a large part succeeded. It's now "risky" to trade for harvest crafts. I would say foolish.

see this is what worries me about the harvest situation. GGG keeps trade how it is now (extremely annoying) because they term it "hard". they want trading to be "hard" (read: extremely annoying and makes you wanna rip your eyes out).
so im pretty sure GGG are even happy with how ridiculous it is to trade harvest crafts right now. because its so ridiculous, annoying, and risky.

so i don't expect anything to be done about how harvests are traded right now. which i'd say is the worst aspect of how harvest was implemented.
on an SSF level i do think it works quite well.
"
RitualMurder wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

Its a game

Twitch/streamers has nothing to do with it. I didnt even mention them. I explained my issues you're just choosing not to comprehend. You like it fine. I hate it. There lots of things like that in this game. Like I hate betrayl especially jun for similar reasons. You're forced to do her because she's so op. But nothing compared to harvest and hamlet. I wouldnt unveil anything way too tedious if not for jun's OP mods. Likewise I wouldnt hamlet-all-the-time.

Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Feb 27, 2021, 11:32:46 AM
"
Thror2k5 wrote:
i have not seen a viable solution to make the gap between A and B smaller.

Increasing the storage cap from 10 to 100 or so would be a start. That one almost exclusively hurts group A.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
"
Char1983 wrote:
"
Thror2k5 wrote:

Increasing the storage cap from 10 to 100 or so would be a start. That one almost exclusively hurts group A.

the solution should be more about taking power away from group B, not giving more to group A
"
Char1983 wrote:
"
Thror2k5 wrote:

Meh It's not bad if you plan. Like I never fill storage because I have 3 pages of crafts I'm working on simultaneous. Everything from rings to phys weapons to caster weapons. Basically everything get used when I happen upon a harvest. Yes you can't do a GG item in one session like tft discord but they risk losing items. SSF you just have to accept fact you'll be slower getting there, What else is new.... I don't care if you want a Shavs or triple influenced explode chest - it will always be that way.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Feb 27, 2021, 12:13:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info