I truly do not understand why people hate on harvest

I really don't get it.

Its amazing. It made crafting actually rewarding for those of us who don't play 60 hours a week and mass up 5000ex

Yes yes I get that it makes it easier to obtain good gear and the high tier players are mad that they can't corner the market on well crafted items But fuck em.

I think its one of the best things ever added to the game and I've been here since closed beta
(سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س
Last bumped on Feb 27, 2021, 12:21:13 PM
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
the problems with harvest come down to:

if you play ssf, or dont want to use tft discord, you have to spend an incredible amount of time looking for it, and might never get the crafts you're after.

if you spend an hour outside of game trading harvest crafts, you can have absurd gear on demand.

there is a HUGE gap between the 2 styles. people in camp A are the ones coming up with terrible suggestions like 'make harvest crafted gear account bound', while people in camp B are saying "get gud scrub/harvest is fine". i have not seen a viable solution to make the gap between A and B smaller.
"
RitualMurder wrote:
I really don't get it.

Its amazing. It made crafting actually rewarding for those of us who don't play 60 hours a week and mass up 5000ex

Yes yes I get that it makes it easier to obtain good gear and the high tier players are mad that they can't corner the market on well crafted items But fuck em.

I think its one of the best things ever added to the game and I've been here since closed beta
it is far too strong compared to any other method of obtaining power and you basically have to engage in unsecure trading of crafts to compete. if it wasnt as strong as it is, this would not be a real problem, but when you feel that you have to start trading crafts in order to do any crafting, that is a problem

also im now completely indifferent 6 t1 items with multiple elevated mods. if you dont see a problem with that i dont know what to say

also you didnt need unreal amounts of currency to craft prior to harvest. however harvest allows you to craft the items that previously needed 5000 exalts to craft for only a fraction of the cost
what they should do is 1 of 2 things:

put harvest crafts in balls like beasts, significantly reduces the risk of scamming.

make it where you have to loot seeds to plant for specific traits you want (disclaimer, i never played harvest so i don't know what the seed mechanic was in detail, this is just my own idea), and make the results not tradeable (only the seeds).

i personally like harvest a lot outside of the whole tft thing, as i feel like i can progress my gear more smoothly beyond spamming alts/regals/chaos and praying, and spending an ungodly amount of exalts which i would never have had time to farm.

edit after thinking about it: i think a way to nerf harvest is to make the more sought after crafts (r/a life for example) harder to obtain in some way. a lot of the other game mechanics such as blight and delve dont even come close to the same power as harvest so i don't if they need to be buffed significantly, or nerf harvest beyond this. my guess it will be the latter next league.

Last edited by rembihnutur on Feb 26, 2021, 9:19:45 PM
Problem seems to be that people are impatient

If ur ssf getting harvest crafts should be something you look forward to finding to advance your gear

If you are too impatient to farm it yourself in trade you can trade for them if you have the knowledge and currency

But I dont see a problem with any of these scenarios tbh

(سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س
Still no minion craft there..
I draw the line at using discord for fucking playing the game "optimally", but the rarity of self found good crafts is what pushed me away from harvest this league.

By all means make the mob boss that runs that show and his inner circle rich, but it's sad and laughable what has become of this harvest implementation.
Second-class poe gamer
Harvest is fine imo, and for trade league it should get the beast orb treatement, so you can list whatever harvest option you'd like in a public stash like beast orb for 1 chaos each.
[3.9]Hasunic's Toxic Rain Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2712106
[3.7]Voidforge Flicker Strike Slayer: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2532214
[3.7]Oni-Goroshi Fire Vaal Reave Zerker: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2583978
because i don't like more different crafting methods shoved into leagues just for the sake of catering to the streamers and their followers.

Pick a crafting system and expand on it, not add new ones time and again.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info