I hope GGG realize that trading via discord is an horrible experience

This is the worst thing ive experienced in a video game since the drop trades in diablo 2, 20 years ago.

And i know that some of you smartass will reply with "Just play ssf".
Last edited by Krayken on Feb 26, 2021, 7:37:51 PM
Last bumped on Feb 28, 2021, 4:09:09 AM
Then don't trade?:P Harvest has way bigger problems than discord. Like 95% of game is useless compared to it. Personally Harvest has been the worst part of the league for me even SSF because it goodness pigionholes you just like it makes u go to discord. They were smart not to make it core and should be deleted even in it's strange state.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Feb 26, 2021, 7:46:17 PM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Then don't trade?:P Harvest has way bigger problems than discord. Like 95% of game is useless compared to it. Personally Harvest has been the worst part of the league for me even SSF because it goodness pigionholes you just like it makes u go to discord. They were smart not to make it core and should be deleted even in it's strange state.

I completely agree. I made a big thread about how GGG needs to nerf harvest but also make the harvest crafts tradable. It is unnacceptable to rely on a third party software to trade in video game in 2021.
That's why harvest league was infinitely better than the current implementation. I did not buy or sell any crafts during harvest league (aside from 3 fractures to capitalize on the blighted map anoint bug because I thought it would be fixed briefly,) but now that they've re-implemented harvest in a gutted and nonsensical state, with 0 player agency, I am forced to constantly sell excess crafts and buy the ones I want to use rather than having a balanced way to target them myself like the original league had. If only reddit hadn't bitched for 3 months about their inability to read the harvest infrastructure tooltips and their pretense that it was too complicated.

Ironically, harvest is traded more now than during the actual harvest league due to GGG forcing players to interact with it that way, entirely in contrast to their stated design philosophy regarding it. It would unironically be far better than currently and more balanced if they just gave us back harvest league as it was then, with the reduced rate of occurrence normal to past league mechanics.
There's no powercreep here. Creep implies it's slow and could be overlooked, this is a full out sprint.
Last edited by cpurdy777 on Feb 26, 2021, 8:00:00 PM
"
Krayken wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

I completely agree. I made a big thread about how GGG needs to nerf harvest but also make the harvest crafts tradable. It is unnacceptable to rely on a third party software to trade in video game in 2021.

Good luck with that post. You will need it.
Hf :)
I don't see the trading as a problem, it's not designed to be tradable. When you go out of your way to bypass this, you set yourself up for frustration.

I think the mistake was making Harvest on the skill trees in the atlas as well as a zana mission. Get rid of those and all of a sudden it's this rare thing you run into once in a blue moon. Have Oshabi or whatever her name is drop a Harvest Scarab and maybe buff her items.

Personally have not gone out of my way to farm Harvest and it is just fine. The crafts are pretty busted but you rarely find them. But at the same time, when you do run into that Harvest spawn, it's exciting.
I don't see how nerfing Harvest would make things better. It offers the most powerful item editor currently in the game, it is flawed by design. It'll either remain the most powerful thing in the game, despite its rarity (which by the way will only encourage discord trading) or it will be neutered to the point where it is worthless. There is no middle ground.

"
e1337donkey wrote:
I don't see the trading as a problem, it's not designed to be tradable. When you go out of your way to bypass this, you set yourself up for frustration.

I think the mistake was making Harvest on the skill trees in the atlas as well as a zana mission. Get rid of those and all of a sudden it's this rare thing you run into once in a blue moon. Have Oshabi or whatever her name is drop a Harvest Scarab and maybe buff her items.

Personally have not gone out of my way to farm Harvest and it is just fine. The crafts are pretty busted but you rarely find them. But at the same time, when you do run into that Harvest spawn, it's exciting.
well this wouldnt be a problem if harvest wasnt 100 times stronger for obtaining insane items than any other method. If you think about it critically outside of your own needs, you must agree that unsecure trade of crafts being the ONLY way to obtain absolutely insane items that are orders of magnitude more powerful than anything prior to harvest, is a problem. If you play to obtain the best possible items you absolutely have to engage in this shitfest, there is just no other way anything else can compete.

And saying “then dont try to obtain the best possible items” isnt helping anything. In a game that literally revolves around obtaining powerful items, that is gonna be the driving force for a large portion of the playerbase

The original harvest was a mistake. It created expectations in the community which ggg cannot deliver on without effectively ruining a large part of the game
Last edited by jewdas12 on Feb 27, 2021, 6:03:04 AM
"
jewdas12 wrote:
well this wouldnt be a problem if harvest wasnt 100 times stronger for obtaining insane items than any other method. If you think about it critically outside of your own needs, you must agree that unsecure trade of crafts being the ONLY way to obtain absolutely insane items that are orders of magnitude more powerful than anything prior to harvest, is a problem. If you play to obtain the best possible items you absolutely have to engage in this shitfest, there is just no other way anything else can compete.

That is only because people want the best items and they want it now. Trading is not the ONLY the way to obtain this. You realize that somebody farmed up the crafts so you can as well. People just have to put in the time. Which has been a core part of all these kind of games. People have just grown impatient and want that instant gratification.

I bet that trading via 3rd party systems/discord is awful. You can't engage in that and then tell me it's a bad system because it wasn't intended for that.

Harvest definetly has issues and it's debatable if this should have gone core or even gone core with all the crafts intact. But if you just run for it yourself without trading, it's not nearly as bad as people make it out to be. I have some solid pieces of gear but not super juicy mirror tier stuff.

"
e1337donkey wrote:
"
jewdas12 wrote:

That is only because people want the best items and they want it now. Trading is not the ONLY the way to obtain this. You realize that somebody farmed up the crafts so you can as well. People just have to put in the time. Which has been a core part of all these kind of games. People have just grown impatient and want that instant gratification.

I bet that trading via 3rd party systems/discord is awful. You can't engage in that and then tell me it's a bad system because it wasn't intended for that.

Harvest definetly has issues and it's debatable if this should have gone core or even gone core with all the crafts intact. But if you just run for it yourself without trading, it's not nearly as bad as people make it out to be. I have some solid pieces of gear but not super juicy mirror tier stuff.

sure you can definitely farm crafts for some pretty damn good items, but you cannot possibly farm to obtain the same power as you can with craft trading, where you essentially have access to limitless rare crafts. Its not about wanting the items now, its about being able to realistically obtain them at all. im talking about previously inconcievable items in every slot. And you are still ignoring the whole part where you have to gimp your ability to obtain power in order to not have to engage in craft trading. Its just such a vast gap between the 2 ways of engaging with harvest which leaves me very unhappy with the current state of item acquisition in the game. You know people will not voluntarily give up power like this in order to have a better game experience, its just not how humans work. Just saying “lmao just dont do it” just shows lack of understanding of human behaviour

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info