What order to go in

"
weazz0780 wrote:
Dude, just get started and learn on the way, thats how i have done it.

First you will be smacked quite a lot... maybe you already know to cap your resistances, it's one of the most important things in this game.

Ask questions in chat if you want to know something, the community is helpful most of the time.

And you will find things in the game that you enjoy. Delving, Mapping, Heists, Crafting and whatnot, do the things you enjoy.

For me it is trying out different builds and classes. I've done the story countless times. If i have a build that i really enjoy, i go mapping and see how far i can push it. I never was in the endgame (Elder, Shaper and whatnot), but i really like the game even without this things... stick to it and you will get there :-)

Hey thanks for the reply, is my understanding correct that people have one class good at mapping to get everything out of that and also to get items to create a boss character and such. And do starter characters also become mappers, to prepare for your next character that is designed for sth else?
"
"
brunowa wrote:
Wait a minute...

So you've watched 50+ hours of guides yet haven't played?

And you wanna play 1-2 hrs a day?

So really you have wasted about 3 weeks worth of Gametime by watching guides?

And you wanna know what people do at end game?

Hehe...

Mate. Login. Start playing.

Your first character probably won't even make end game.

Start playing, learn as you go, and enjoy the experience. That's how you get the most out of your time.

I did most of the listening like a podcast while doing other things. My free time was spent on WoW. Can you respond to any of my concerns though.

If you're playing 1-2 hours a day and it's your first time on POE, you will most likely only have time for one character during this league. So forget about end game bosses. You will need to learn th game first.

It takes a good 20 hours at least for experienced players to hit end game and probably over 50+ or more for novices.. and to be frank most people don't even reach end game (I'm talking end game like the major bosses eg A8/9, Sirus)

You don't have time for multiple characters.

Pick something that looks cool and is cheap. You will learn heaps as you play.
youre definitely overplanning a lot.
If you just started just PLAY the game like the others said. Dont worry about content specific characters yet... play the game and learn the basics.
Usually all characters can do everything, just not as good as specific boss killers for example.
"
Hey thanks for the reply, is my understanding correct that people have one class good at mapping to get everything out of that and also to get items to create a boss character and such. And do starter characters also become mappers, to prepare for your next character that is designed for sth else?

Some characters are good at fast mapping, while other characters are good at bossing. Once you really get your gear going, good builds can do both things well.

"League starter builds" are usually builds that can do 'most' content on a relatively low budget. These can eventually be geared to do everything, but their goal is to rush through the acts, and fill out your Atlas while making some currency/saving some currency for othere builds that require some investment.

But as others have said; just start playing. Choose yourself a typical "league starter build" and try the game out.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
jeerinho wrote:
Certain builds are better with low investment, helps you get to the end-game faster and there is where the loot gets more of value and in larger quantities. But it's either the playstyle isn't that desirable or the type of content it is able to handle simply plateaus, hence many players find the need to level another character once they are able to afford the gears.

Stalk a few streamers on Twitch to learn their playstyle and tools that they use, but never longer than several minutes. Much better to just login and play something. We don't usually get our first couple of characters right and have to abandon them anyway.

Can u give me a rough estimate on how long it takes an experienced player to farm on a starter character before they have enough currency to trade for a new characters gear to start using that character for further progression.
"
Phrazz wrote:
"

Some characters are good at fast mapping, while other characters are good at bossing. Once you really get your gear going, good builds can do both things well.

"League starter builds" are usually builds that can do 'most' content on a relatively low budget. These can eventually be geared to do everything, but their goal is to rush through the acts, and fill out your Atlas while making some currency/saving some currency for othere builds that require some investment.

But as others have said; just start playing. Choose yourself a typical "league starter build" and try the game out.

Thats great advice, i'll definetely check out a good starter build to begin and learn the game while i fill out the atlas. With 1-2 hours to play if u wanted to go as far as possible would u try to gear up the starter and focus on it or build up currency for 1 other character whose build will get things done notably quicker than the starter one could.
"
Thats great advice, i'll definetely check out a good starter build to begin and learn the game while i fill out the atlas. With 1-2 hours to play if u wanted to go as far as possible would u try to gear up the starter and focus on it or build up currency for 1 other character whose build will get things done notably quicker than the starter one could.

I'm more of an "one character per league player", so I usually play whatever I want to play, and usually do most content.

Now, if I were you, I would go for a "starter" build that can be scaled to do all content. That is a build that is pretty cheap to get going, but at the same time a build you can throw some investment into to do everything. At 1-2 hours a day, I think one character is the way to go.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"

Every class can mapping. You will be in maps of different tiers the most time, farming currency, bosses and items.

If your build can beat the story, you can map with it. The higher tier maps are more difficult ofc, so you need better gear or a better build.

But just start the game and enjoy it, see how far you come and if you hit a wall ask again.
"
"
DarkJen wrote:
lmao

Yr goal is highly unrealistic.
Nearly guarantee you will stuck at low tier maps, but doubt you will make it even after act5.

GL tho! You will have fun for sure at least first 2 hours ,)

Can you please elaborate on why its unrealistic?

1. Need alot more time.
2. PoE is all about knowledge. No way you can learn it from the first try to hit endgame in short terms. No legit way, I mean.
3. Have I mentioned it too time consuming yet?
Dude, what are you talking (or better) writing about?

You practical questioning us to tell you what is the most efficient way to "play a game", for a given time?
A game that you not even play yet?

Let me tell you how it goes
step 1: downloaded it
step 2: log in
step 3: PLAY
step 4: love it? ask questions
step 5: hate it? unistall and do something else with your time.

It's a game, is for fun, and even if you are some sort of a streamer that want to add some content to your stream, you are having a very wrong approach.
Last edited by 696Gamer on Feb 26, 2021, 9:03:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info