What order to go in

Hi, I haven't played yet but watched 50+ hours of guides on youtube and beginner friendly info. One thing i'm still not understanding is after maps what is the next thing people tend to go for if my goal is progressing my characters power, is there a certain order agreed upon by most avid players that nets the most for the time invested or is it dependant on some factors and what would those be?

My goal is really to get the most out of my time and complete as much of the game as I can on a 1-2 hour a day timeframe. Most notably I'd like to beat the last boss while also excelling at the other end game content.

Lastly and related to my previous question, I watched one youtube video suggesting people have several characters for league one being a starter and then one for maps one for bossing etc. Would this be advisable knowing my goal now. And how does that work, do i get to the boss on one character then log out and my progress is account wide then log in with boss character and kill it?

Thanks in advance, hope to get some good info here to ease my mind that im gonna be getting the most bang for my time.
Last bumped on Feb 26, 2021, 10:27:38 AM
Wait a minute...

So you've watched 50+ hours of guides yet haven't played?

And you wanna play 1-2 hrs a day?

So really you have wasted about 3 weeks worth of Gametime by watching guides?

And you wanna know what people do at end game?

Hehe...

Mate. Login. Start playing.

Your first character probably won't even make end game.

Start playing, learn as you go, and enjoy the experience. That's how you get the most out of your time.
Last edited by brunowa on Feb 26, 2021, 3:59:39 AM
yes, totally what brunowa says here.

Just log in pick a class.
Go witch if you like zombies and skeletons and just stick every minion related thing in there that you can get your hands on. Those suckers will carry you quite far relatively speaking.

Go Marauder or duelist if you like hitting or smashing things.
Those two classes have easy access to life and weapon specific damage.
Gran a strike skill, grab a slam, take any interestingly worded skill gem and just give it a shot.

Leave the other classes for once you have some irl xp.
At this point a build guide will make some sense.
Work your way up from there.

Have fun and good luck.
Certain builds are better with low investment, helps you get to the end-game faster and there is where the loot gets more of value and in larger quantities. But it's either the playstyle isn't that desirable or the type of content it is able to handle simply plateaus, hence many players find the need to level another character once they are able to afford the gears.

Stalk a few streamers on Twitch to learn their playstyle and tools that they use, but never longer than several minutes. Much better to just login and play something. We don't usually get our first couple of characters right and have to abandon them anyway.
lmao

Yr goal is highly unrealistic.
Nearly guarantee you will stuck at low tier maps, but doubt you will make it even after act5.

GL tho! You will have fun for sure at least first 2 hours ,)
Last edited by DarkJen on Feb 26, 2021, 5:20:44 AM
Dude, just get started and learn on the way, thats how i have done it.

First you will be smacked quite a lot... maybe you already know to cap your resistances, it's one of the most important things in this game.

Ask questions in chat if you want to know something, the community is helpful most of the time.

And you will find things in the game that you enjoy. Delving, Mapping, Heists, Crafting and whatnot, do the things you enjoy.

For me it is trying out different builds and classes. I've done the story countless times. If i have a build that i really enjoy, i go mapping and see how far i can push it. I never was in the endgame (Elder, Shaper and whatnot), but i really like the game even without this things... stick to it and you will get there :-)
"
DarkJen wrote:
lmao

Yr goal is highly unrealistic.
Nearly guarantee you will stuck at low tier maps, but doubt you will make it even after act5.

GL tho! You will have fun for sure at least first 2 hours ,)

Can you please elaborate on why its unrealistic?
Just play.
The initial game is suprisingly fun. The work aspect only starts when you hit maps.

So gather experience to see what kind of play style you enjoy in PoE and only then go for end game. It would be a shame to choose "the most effective" class to grind your way through end game when you'd actually have more fun playing a totally different char type and enjoying the grind so much more, even if it is less effective.

Don't make PoE a job from the get-go. It can happen all too easily even if you start off having fun.

Oh, and welcome to Wraeclast! May you have lots of fun.
May your maps be bountiful, exile
"
brunowa wrote:
Wait a minute...

So you've watched 50+ hours of guides yet haven't played?

And you wanna play 1-2 hrs a day?

So really you have wasted about 3 weeks worth of Gametime by watching guides?

And you wanna know what people do at end game?

Hehe...

Mate. Login. Start playing.

Your first character probably won't even make end game.

Start playing, learn as you go, and enjoy the experience. That's how you get the most out of your time.

I did most of the listening like a podcast while doing other things. My free time was spent on WoW. Can you respond to any of my concerns though.
"
SisterBlister wrote:
Just play.
The initial game is suprisingly fun. The work aspect only starts when you hit maps.

So gather experience to see what kind of play style you enjoy in PoE and only then go for end game. It would be a shame to choose "the most effective" class to grind your way through end game when you'd actually have more fun playing a totally different char type and enjoying the grind so much more, even if it is less effective.

Don't make PoE a job from the get-go. It can happen all too easily even if you start off having fun.

Oh, and welcome to Wraeclast! May you have lots of fun.

Yeah, It would suck if i don't actually enjoy any of the builds that are necessary to do bosses and other things I intend to play for. I chose bosses are a goal because I assume they have a lot of mechanics and are challenging. On your topic though, if I choose a build I like is it possible that it actually sucks in all end game content?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info