GGG Developer Video Challenge: Dodged Since Feb 26, 2021

The Challenge: Show the community a stutter and lag free 100% delirium juiced map on video.

I don't think you can do it.

I'd like to see video proof that it's even possible, in fact. Please post a video link (dated on or after today) of the full map run, full details on how the map was juiced, system hardware you used, and in-game settings. Also, you need to run a meta build like fire BV with headhunter - you know, like everyone.

No lag, no stuttering. I want to see that even you, the developers, can produce a smooth gaming experience with the current state of POE when you're in full control of the situation.

Going to take my challenge or dodge because you know POE can't even handle a basic exhibition request of smooth endgame play from its own developers? :)

Prove me wrong.

Edit:

If you guys want to keep bumping, feel free. But I've decided to stop.

Why?

-Including this post, there's been hundreds of performance complaints here and on Reddit. After reading through recent performance patch, I think they're legitimately trying to fix the performance issues. It's deadbrain nonsense to think they'd prefer their game performs poorly. I'm convinced it's just become a technical nightmare for them and digging out of that hole without blowing up the game they've polished for a decade+ into a viable business model is an extremely sophisticated problem.

-I think they're legitimately constrained by New Zealand's ridiculous COVID policy and the talent pool for them is very limited.

-I think the idea that Tencent continually funds GGG is pretty ignorant of how venture capital acquisitions work - the investment is already done, now GGG needs to deliver.

-Too many emotionally-stunted smooth-brain trolls in this forum to take it seriously. Probably also why GGG never responds here.
Last edited by neo1987 on Apr 6, 2021, 8:16:49 PM
Last bumped on Apr 19, 2021, 6:51:34 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Bump
Hour 16 of dodgefest!
Not even sure if normal Delirium encounters are that smooth anymore since the 3.13 patch and recent texture streaming update.

Im speaking from a personal reference point of view: 1st gen Ryzen 5 1600, 32GB ram GTX1050TI 4GB vram.

Im now skipping this mechanic entirely till it runs with less stutter on my end, like in past leagues/patches.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Feb 27, 2021, 1:24:11 AM
Heheh.

Wonder if there be official answer to that, ever. Rly.
What became out of Poe is just a joke. really

the performance in 3.13 is as bad as it has never been but they keep bloating the game and foremost IGNORE the entire problem by not even adressing it. this should be no 1 prio to fix but they rather keep shoving MTX in our faces.

sure as hell am i going to switch to d2 once the remaster is out. rather i do several thousand baal runs that run smooth than playing even one more laggy crapfest map that will get me 10% exp loss no matter what.

its just sad cause poe isnt a bad game at all. its just the company that sets its priorities at the wrong end
"
No lag, no stuttering.

This is pretty naive challenge.
You could run the game on current gen intel+nvidia hardware at 800x600 resolution on dedicated server instance with a prebuild character that does at maximum 1 hit to kill an enemy and you'll have fps above 60 all the time disregarding of ongoing encounter.
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
to what end, you are not proving anything and if they showed you then you would be demanding to know what the specs of their PC are so you can copy it and still end up with a shit result...because PC's are more than just the parts, there are drivers, there are updates, there are other programs, over clocking under clocking and more that can fuck your performance up.

Also i think you expect far too much from the game, the type of content that you want them to show...no engine in existence can manage that, most of them will be a lot worse.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Feb 27, 2021, 3:01:47 AM
"
a_z0_9 wrote:
"
No lag, no stuttering.

This is pretty naive challenge.
You could run the game on current gen intel+nvidia hardware at 800x600 resolution on dedicated server instance with a prebuild character that does at maximum 1 hit to kill an enemy and you'll have fps above 60 all the time disregarding of ongoing encounter.

Community would uncover any cheating (or require acceptable proof), of course. :)
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
to what end, you are not proving anything and if they showed you then you would be demanding to know what the specs of their PC are so you can copy it and still end up with a shit result...because PC's are more than just the parts, there are drivers, there are updates, there are other programs, over clocking under clocking and more that can fuck your performance up.

Annnnd we've got our first groupie joining the dodgefest. Whooooo!!! Let the excuses begin!! :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info