New Gem System 2021?

I respectfully disagree.

I think it will let people experiment more than we can now. A ton of items are really cool but would never justify the initial investment in linking them.

I can see a ton of hipster builds utilizing off meta chests and 2 handers etc.

But the big thing that will change is how we view utility skills.

Right now pretty much all utility skills are kind of locked to being less than a 4l and most of the time are just unlinked.

Some skill are useless on our current meta specifically because they take too many skill slots to be usable ( lightning warp is a good example)

"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Gulch wrote:
"
Solo_Player_8 wrote:
I've been very eager to try this out and really prefer this new gem system to the current one, it's a major improvement in my opinion. Is there any news on when the new gem system will be implemeneted? I can't wait to try it!

In what way? You're still going to have to 6 link the gems with jewellers.
Just because fusings will be gone doesn't mean it's an auto-6 link for us.

It's superior because you can actually use every upgrade you find, without the need of socketing/linking it first, because you'll always have a slot of gear with the required links.

We don't know that yet.
In fact we hardly know anything about the new system other than no more fusings, and skills (some? all?) will be 6 linkable.

Once we know the exact core mechanics all people are doing is assuming.

The grass isn't always greener and be careful what you wish for certainly apply in this scenario.
^

Well what we do know is that the gems themselevs will have the sockets and be fully linked which eliminates the gear requirements.

So yes, this will be a significant change from a gearing perspective, where you will be able to review the gear solely on modifiers, and not be concerned with sockets, links, colors, ect... on the gear itself.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Tough for casuals. A 4/5 link chest with the same modifiers has much lower cost right now. Only garbage modifiers will be available for casuals with the new system.
um , no that the exact opposite.

The whole point of the new system is remove the fuse wall currently attached to body armor and 2 hand weapons.

The fact is there are a TON of good mod items out there right now that no one looks at because they arent linked.

the new system practically ensures that all of those items will be on the table
"
Walltrigger wrote:
Tough for casuals. A 4/5 link chest with the same modifiers has much lower cost right now. Only garbage modifiers will be available for casuals with the new system.

You are off base.
We really have no idea how it is going to work yet.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info