Unnerved belt encahnt mechanic

Hi there,
I am wondering how exactly the belt enchant "Hits against Enemies Unnerved by you have 50% increased Spell Critical Strike Chance" works. I tried it in pob with enemies are unnerved enabled in the configuration and it didn't change the crit chance or damage for my spell (blade vortex). Is this something that pob can't handle or am I actually missing something about the mechanic behind the enchant.
In particular what does enemies unnerved by you mean. I am running a blaspemy curse aura and a cluster jewel with master of fear, which means any enemies I curse are also unnerved. To me this means that the buff shold apply in this case. Any help would be appreciated.
Last bumped on Feb 24, 2021, 2:38:51 PM
Are you using Path of Building Fork? The original Path of Building is way too obsolete to be reliable.

Unnerved, as the PoBF and Advanced Ingame Tooltip will tell you, means "Take 10% Increased Spell Damage". It's the spell counterpart of Intimidated ("Take 10% Increased Attack Damage").
Unnerved can help you as long you are using hitting spells. DoT builds won't find much use in this (this includes ED/Contagion builds, even if their DoT damage scales with Spell Damage).

Master of Fear was bugged back in 3.10, since it applied the Unnerving even to the player in case they sipped a Witchfire Brew, thus activating the Blasphemy Despair aura. While that bug was solved, it is proof enough that Master of Fear and any Blasphemy Aura will work and will be considered as "cursed by you".

Therefore, it is reasonable to believe even the Belt Enchant will apply against enemies cursed by your Blasphemy aura.

Since you are using a hitting spell (blade vortex), the net result would be a boost on each blade's hit damage
"
Maxtrux wrote:
Are you using Path of Building Fork? The original Path of Building is way too obsolete to be reliable.

Unnerved, as the PoBF and Advanced Ingame Tooltip will tell you, means "Take 10% Increased Spell Damage". It's the spell counterpart of Intimidated ("Take 10% Increased Attack Damage").
Unnerved can help you as long you are using hitting spells. DoT builds won't find much use in this (this includes ED/Contagion builds, even if their DoT damage scales with Spell Damage).

Master of Fear was bugged back in 3.10, since it applied the Unnerving even to the player in case they sipped a Witchfire Brew, thus activating the Blasphemy Despair aura. While that bug was solved, it is proof enough that Master of Fear and any Blasphemy Aura will work and will be considered as "cursed by you".

Therefore, it is reasonable to believe even the Belt Enchant will apply against enemies cursed by your Blasphemy aura.

Since you are using a hitting spell (blade vortex), the net result would be a boost on each blade's hit damage

I am using the community fork of PoB. I also thought that it should work, however applying th enchant to a belt in pob does not change the damage or crit chance. I guess it could be that the tick in the configuration simply says enemies are unnered, not unnerved by you. It sounds like the enchant should work though from your explanation so I will certainly try to use it as 50% crit chance is quite massive. Thanks for the help.
"
T__B wrote:
I will certainly try to use it as 50% crit chance is quite massive

Uh, no. 50% is not massive. 50% is what you would get by just holding a Kris in hand. 50% was the old CritChance value a single PC gave (now it's been nerfed to 40%). It's a good boost, sure. But not massive.

While the wording is very similiar, there is a very big difference between "+x% Increased Critical Strike Chance" and "+x% to Critical Strike Chance". The former will multiply the base critical strike chance of your skill/weapon (assuming it has over 0%), the latter will add itself to the base critical strike chance.
While rare, you should always prefer things that give you +x% to Critical Strike Chance, as you will need to build up far less critChance in order to reach 100% CritChance.

A quick example

Blade Vortex: base critChance: 6%
In order to reach 100% actual critChance you will need: (100/0.06) = 1666.67%

Same blade vortex, now supported by Lv21/0 Increased Critical Strike Chance Support.
Blade Vortex's new base CritChace: 6+2= 8%
In order to reach 100% actual critChance you will need: (100/0.08) = 1250%

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info