Any hope left? for small quality of life changes...

How hard would it be to change it so when a monster/pack drops currency, it's bunched together? So, instead of 10 individual alchs, you pick up one stack of 10.

They changed it with Perandus coins and Harvest shards, which originally had the same problem. Seems like a QOL no-brainer.
I dont pick up chromatic or stupid chaos or Regal shards ..

I also dont get why u cry ... I would be happy to get that much ok loot same time.

it would be Bad if thats shit loot u dont want have ... but u want all that.
Last edited by Delamonica on Feb 24, 2021, 9:23:07 AM
"
mats_mono wrote:
How hard would it be to change it so when a monster/pack drops currency, it's bunched together? So, instead of 10 individual alchs, you pick up one stack of 10.

They changed it with Perandus coins and Harvest shards, which originally had the same problem. Seems like a QOL no-brainer.

Imagine trying to describe what "bunched together" means to a computer, and have to take into account all sorts of shenanigans players might pull to ruin your plan.
The only thing GGG can do at this point is to go with the flow until POE 2. They could fix the problem by nerfing monster density and map juicing. People would freak at them. Even the temporarily embarrassed millionaires who can't even do those maps would freak.

Just wait until next league when the Zana map mods are actually good and double up with the area bonuses. Everyone knows the good watchstones and they add a real league mechanic.
I mean the short answer is no there's not hope. The longer answer is that loot filters were a temp patch while they fixed the horrendous loot system and todos really mean nottodos.
"
Arrowneous wrote:
Are you mad? GGG has chased, and is chasing the shooter/racer crowds (just following the money trail). Obviously that works (PoE is a top 10 Steam game) so there is plenty of popularity in the world. So that means GGG does not need to give a rats ass about QoL or QoP much. Just half-bake the next challenge league for the PoE junkies asap (was every 3 months until recently) so they can get their next race to 100 fix. Great for GGG, not so good (understatement to the max) for the traditional role playing game enthusiasts.

This. When I joined 10ex pure was a awesome league. I have 10ex pur before hitting 90 this league (13 actually) 90 is nothing. Like just entering red maps or late yellow. I hate what game became. AOE screens, explody and didnt sign up for it. Probably why I dont buy packs anymore. But they don't care we got replaced many times over. I suspect if I can stand mapping - rather watch grass grow after i got my explody- I'll have 150ex pure by end game (bossing)
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Feb 24, 2021, 10:30:34 AM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
"
mats_mono wrote:

Imagine trying to describe what "bunched together" means to a computer, and have to take into account all sorts of shenanigans players might pull to ruin your plan.

Look I normally roll my eyes when people say this, but it really isn't that hard. Chromatics drop in stacks of 20, drop rate reduced to 1/20th of current value. We know they have the technology. We are probably past the point that this should have been rebalanced for currency under Chaos Orb level.
While that might suit one playstyle, it would harm others. Imagine not getting any chromatics in the early game playing SSF simply because they were made 20 times more rare and dropped in stacks of 20. It would suck.
Point taken but you get more chromatics from vendoring items than you do as raw drops during leveling.

And if we're talking about GGG philosophy the game doesn't start until maps anyway, so leveling doesn't factor in to such discussions.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
While that might suit one playstyle, it would harm others. Imagine not getting any chromatics in the early game playing SSF simply because they were made 20 times more rare and dropped in stacks of 20. It would suck.

This is only a problem on endgame/juiced maps so would make sense to apply this rule for ANY maps with x quantity or higher. So if u juice a tier 16 with 50% quantity it will drop in stacks of 10 chromes for exemple. Going up to 20 if 100+ quantity.

Another solution is applying this stack rule to anything above tier 10 or something.

It can be fixed if they rly want but I fear they intended to use this arcaic model as a time sink so I doubt it will be changed

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info