HUGE performance issues (3.13.2)

What the heck was this patch supposed to do? While reading the patch notes, I thought it's was going to fix some performance issues we've experienced since the start of the league, but after starting a map I realized that the performances are just even WORST now.

Seriously I can't even run delirous maps anymore, the game just stop rendering and freeze every 2 seconds... i feel like i'm playing with lockstep network on a old 56k modem... and that's DX11, not even talking about vulkan (which is completely broked and unplayable since 3.13.0 btw), if a small pack of monsters, a legion monolith, or anything spawn on the screen it just freeze for the next 10-30 seconds. And of course, i'm dead when it unfreeze. Fun!

In general it's constant lag in maps, sure the "texture streaming" doesn't blow up the visuals anymore (not all visuals at least), but the game lag so much that we can't even see the improvements there.

For the loading screens, patch notes said "gonna have longer loading screen to prevent visual problems"... well it failed cause it's still lagging AND the loading screens (on a good system, with the game running on an SSD), now takes at least 15 seconds, and often 30+ seconds. Pre-3.13.2, i had 2-3 seconds loading screens... I wouldn't mind have those long loading screens, IF the game wasn't lagging and freezing everytime I enter a map, trigger something or a pack of monsters show up.

Last thing, now the game basically eats all my RAM... I tried on two different machines and both have the problem. On the 8GB one, the game eats at least 6.5GB, which makes the whole system lagging and unstable. On the 16GB one, the game eats at least 12GB, which is still good enough to keep the ssytem stable, but what heck is that GGG ???? Can't even open the browser to trade something... and btw the trade is still broked...

Have a nice end of day.

Last bumped on Apr 14, 2021, 10:50:27 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
like this?

https://imgur.com/a/vlqbW3N

since last patch, after every 3 maps the game is closing my browser now, nice QOL
Last edited by shoxx04 on Feb 2, 2021, 9:57:03 PM
"
shoxx04 wrote:
like this?

https://imgur.com/a/vlqbW3N

since last patch, after every 3 maps the game is closing my browser now, nice QOL

Yeah pretty much, but with more downs then ups.

Hiwever, my browser dont close, but I litterally cant keep anything opened while the game is running cause it eats all my RAM, otherwise the whole system suffer from low amount of free RAM available if I keep, lets say, Chrome opened.
the game has reached unacceptable performance levels to the point where even input sometimes gets ignored, good thing im playing a fast paced arpg in which many things pop you out of the slippers in no time.
im genuinley pissed right now, pissed to the point where i would refund all my mtx if it would be possible.

ragepost over
I found a config that makes my game be "more playable" I think :

- Use DX11
- Disable any unecessary graphic and sound settings
- Set to Low all graphic settings
- Use the command line arguments "--async" and "--waitforpreload" while starting the game (those basically force the game to load stuff before it start rendering, which in most cases prevent the huge lag/freeze I've experienced, and reduce that to "small" lags)

After, the game (except for delirium and delirous maps), runs a bit better, and it's kind of playable. Also, with those command line arguments, the game seems to use WAY less RAM for some reasons... On my 8GB machine, it max out at around 3GB-3.5GB, which gives enough free RAM for the system be stable and responsive.
same problem here, cant play on end game anymore. never had that much bad perfomances.. Please GGG take a time to optimize the game
Confirming to be a memory leak (again) - client goes > 5GB upon loading a map, sometimes - causing a game freeze, too.
pretty much the same but the worst thing for me is when Harvest monsters spawn.
Thank you for posting. The game has become unplayable. I came to the forum looking for GGG response... *silent frozen crickets*

I guess that is our answer. I will stop playing and raging over 30 second freezes and deaths to a game that would rather alpha test its texture or graphics patches on the players.
This is what I did to improve game performance for myself, not very scientific, but seems to work.

The game hates other application overlays, I had discord, razer cortex, and yolo mouse running, those had to go off before game launch.

I downloaded stand-alone client, I think you can turn off steam overlay if you have POE through steam, but I just decided to do clean install of poe stand- alone client.

Turned disabled vsync in graphic settings, set limit foreground fps to 60 fps.

Lowered all settings, disabled dynamic culling and dynamic resolution, those options caused my character death in boss fights because i couldn't see ground effects, and the harbringer maven passives in valdo's rest led maps in that area to net me the handsome total of 1 fps.

Game seemed to work fine until a certain patch, dont know which one, and I had default settings, playing the game through steam.

Anyway hope this helps :)

P.S. Awakened POE Trade seems not to affect game fps

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info