Best builds for Delve?

There didnt seem to be a central "build" section for this question, as its broken into each separate class, so Im posting this here. Apologies in advance.

My question is simple. What do you feel a good build(s) is for Delve?

Im finding that ones that require you to stop and cast an ability, or channel an ability, seem to be particularly bad, due to the fact that you constantly have to keep moving forward and often lack the time to sit and take action.

A handful of seasons back I had found the Winter Orb build to be fairly decent, although a bit lacking in strength, because I could charge it up and then just keep moving while it auto targeted things and attacked without me having to worry about it.

Im interested in hearing other suggestions from those who have successfully managed to achieve deeper dives as well as managing to have fun while doing it.
Last bumped on Jan 28, 2021, 5:22:19 PM
i dunno kinda dig coc for that or anything that perm freezes mobs so u never get hit
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
Bv seems pretty good, spin up, hit the cart, run a while, run ahead of the cart, spin up, keeps moving fairly smoothly

Can't really recommend anything besides cyclone though, because of the problem with stopping while the cart's still moving.

This is when a lag spike is 100% going to leave you in darkness for >3 sec and kill you ded

You'll deffo want freeze/shatter or infernal cry or profane obliterator or some reliable corpse-be-gone to get rid of the exploding roaches before they frostbomb you. Lingering effects mean you'll want some form of freeze/chill prevention as well - something on all the time, not just in a heat flask (unless you're flaskfinder).

Can't recall whether elementalist or raider have some sort of ascendancy-related ailment immunity, but this is something to consider when building your delver.

For a while I was getting really good results with arc miner sabo using Woc and frostbomb triggercrafted onto his wand. Arc chains down side tunnels and the added cold and chill from skitters makes sure that shit gets shattered. It's a lovely sound - complete clearance and shattering of all corpses - turn your sound on for this if for nothing else. You'll want a legacy +1 mine shaper hat or a legacy indigon to make clearing more fluid and safer for your mixed Mom/EB
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
Anything nubuloch jug. super tank and sustain with LoH cheats. Unlike boss fights with phases and shit there is always something to hit in delve. You can do it in the dark like sex and sustain.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jan 27, 2021, 2:09:48 PM
Depends on what you're doing. Are you going for deep delving where you either kill it off screen or die to it? Or are you just playing along at the level similar to experience you have mapping?
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Depends on what you're doing. Are you going for deep delving where you either kill it off screen or die to it? Or are you just playing along at the level similar to experience you have mapping?

Id want to be pushing as far down as possible, so whatever would allow for that.

Saw someone hit over 4000 the other night... not something I think id even come close to, but I would like to make it several hundred levels down at least.
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
sex and sustain

the midrange delver's term for "netflix & chill"
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
"
Id want to be pushing as far down as possible, so whatever would allow for that.

Read this before you do much else.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2740573
It's more about deep delving than the specific build.

"
GreyLensman wrote:
"

Read this before you do much else.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2740573
It's more about deep delving than the specific build.

Interesting

At what point (how many levels down) do builds with a decent defense start to get 1 shot? Are we talking about anything below level 100? 500? 1000?
Very strong defensive builds max out somewhere in the 800-1200 range usually. I'm sure a few niche builds can push further with insane gear, but generally if you want to go much deeper than that you have to switch to the ZHP giga DPS model.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info