I'm fucking awful at memory games.

"
frostzor27 wrote:
"
pr13st wrote:
I remember the carpet ride in the old Aladdin sega game, had to remember a 10-12 key sequence or instadeath, memory games are fun!

Still sane, exile?

Shit bro, I didn't touch that game, even as a kid with unlimited time.
Second-class poe gamer
Whats a memory game? What her name was in the morning?
Git R Dun!
I'm amazed you can't make a post without gratuitous F-bombs.

Even more so that the "mods" let that garbage stay.

In before irony of said "mods" delete mine.
meh, who needs memory when you have trainer or cheats
"
pr13st wrote:
I remember the carpet ride in the old Aladdin sega game, had to remember a 10-12 key sequence or instadeath, memory games are fun!

Battle Toads did this "better".
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
"
superbomb1967 wrote:
I'm amazed you can't make a post without gratuitous F-bombs.

Even more so that the "mods" let that garbage stay.

In before irony of said "mods" delete mine.

This has been the policy for as long as I've been here, both as an Exile and volunteer moderator: you can say fuck and shit all you want about or at something provided the target doesn't have feelings that might be hurt by the statement. This flexibility with mature language was, in fact, one of the things that really endeared me towards GGG in the first place -- they know their game is aimed at adults and adults are, well, allowed to use adult language within reason. They draw the line at the 'c' word though; I was asked nicely by the big boss back in 2012 to stop using it as a moderator because, okay, it was probably a bit too far even though you've all seen Game of Thrones and know what sort of people name their swords. Naturally these days the moderators of PoE are truly professional and almost certainly wouldn't be caught dead saying so much as 'damn', at least not while on the clock. And you may recall that a certain impending blockbuster game drew a rare but delightfully tactical 'fucked' out of Chris himself as regards how GGG would be if they tried to compete with said game's release. That tweet sure as fuck aged like milk.

Point being, you are actually 'in the wrong' if you think that the moderators aren't doing their job by letting people 'drop f bombs' in both topic titles and forum posts.

So there is almost zero reason for the mods to moderate or regulate a topic title such as 'I'm fucking awful' because not only is it not attacking someone else, it's self-denigrating in a direct, crass, vaguely humorour way -- something we Australasians are big into.

I hope this clarification helps you in some way going forward, and eases some of your concerns regarding the mods and their relationship to this game's users, who are all by law over the age of 16. Every. Single. One.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Have your phone out with speech recognition and notepad or similar open.

And just say out loud the combo and it will write it down on your phone.

Then glance at it and kill the boss easy mode.

I guess you could do the same with a second monitor on a speech recognition website or similar.

Literally zero memorization required you just look at what you said on the screen and do it.
I had to laugh as I watched some complete PoE adherants and shills whose builds people have been basing their entire play on for years get to that boss...

And bitch every single time about the 'memory' part of the fight. Sometimes it's there all alone and you can sorta see it, but color blind folks be screwed. But other times it happens in the middle of a fight, when the screen is full of blinding action and other shit.

Saw that and... yeah, nope.
Too bad they leashed the entire atlas 'skill point' system to this maven shit.
Patch Notes 3.15:
Fixed a bug where players believed the game was playable. This has been corrected and made retroactive.
Patch Notes 3.19:
Fixed a bug where players adapted to 3.15. This bug cannot be corrected, so we have implemented a 90% reduction in item access as a punishment.
There are techniques you can use in this type of memory game.

1. Similar to muscle memory

This could be dangerous especially in the hectic fight, instead of just watching the floor pattern & remembering it later on. You can also point/hover (but don't click to move) your mouse & follow the pattern with your mouse as the pattern shows up. So when it's time to remember & do the pattern, your body & mind can easily remember the pattern since you already "made a simulation/repetition" of the move/pattern.

2. Remembering by association

Instead of just remembering the floor pattern being highlighted, you can imagine something valuable like Exalt dropping on those areas consecutively & in order. Having a valuable drop in this game stimulates emotions, & emotions can have a lasting effect & good for remembering something. So when it's time to do the memory pattern, you just image/remember the Exalt droping on those areas.

"A game IS supposed to waste your time but it's not supposed to make you FEEL like you're wasting your time:
It's supposed to make you WANT to waste your time."
damn as a kid i had all the old consoles but damn some sega games were pretty hard. Played battle toads too and never finished it x) fuck the snake level

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info