Getting uber lab in SSF relies too much on RNG

So here's my current situation, I am lvl 92 in ritual ssf and there is still one damn uber trial I am missing... It is driving me nuts cause those last 2 points are a really big thing for my build. For some builds its even a make or break deal. Uber lab was introduced in august 2017, since then the power creep have grown and uber lab is almost a must-have by now.

So I present to you some ideas for fixing this or at least making the chance of getting it bigger.

1. Divination cards: Have a div card for each trial that will drop from specific maps. Getting the div card is obviously also random, but it does however make the chance of getting the specific trial bigger or at least it gives you the illusion of working towards it.

2. Pseudo rng: Pseudo is like rng but not really, the way it works is that for every map you don't get the trial the chance of getting it gets bigger, so lets say that by map 100 (100 might be too much) the chance of getting the trial will be 99,9999%.
So you do map 1 and the chance is 1%, map 2 its 2%, map 3 its 3% and so on.
While this is going on the normal rng is also working its magic.

Plz help us ssf exiles stay sane and make uber trials less random :(

-Hapse
Last bumped on Mar 2, 2021, 9:15:38 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Long-term SSF player here. There are many ways to get lab trials:

- Zana missions (always check these & run every Zana possible)
- Dream Trial (prophecy is very consistent)
- Spamming T1 maps

In 10 leagues it never took me longer than one week to get all my trials. Yes, it's tedious. Yes, it can be annoying. But imo SSF already got a lot of QoL over the last few patches and this is just unnecessary at this point.

When PoE 2 drops you'll have a new campagne at your disposal by the way that won't feature the labyrinth at all.
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
Long-term SSF player here. There are many ways to get lab trials:

- Zana missions (always check these & run every Zana possible)
- Dream Trial (prophecy is very consistent)
- Spamming T1 maps

In 10 leagues it never took me longer than one week to get all my trials. Yes, it's tedious. Yes, it can be annoying. But imo SSF already got a lot of QoL over the last few patches and this is just unnecessary at this point.

When PoE 2 drops you'll have a new campagne at your disposal by the way that won't feature the labyrinth at all.

I forgot to mention that I have been doing all 3 things, but yes they have done a lot for SSF.
At times nothing works. In Mayhem SSF managed to finally unlock the infamous burning rage at lvl 92.

The worst part is it's not just trials with random spawn rate, but they are still weighted. Nothing has changed since Ascendancy.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Jan 25, 2021, 8:52:16 AM
"
torturo wrote:
At times nothing works. In Mayhem SSF managed to finally unlock the infamous burning rage at lvl 92.

The worst part is it's not just trials with random spawn rate, but they are still weighted. Nothing has changed since Ascendancy.

What do you mean weighted? Are some more prone to spawn than others?
+1

I don't play SSF all the time, but its always difficult to finish the uber trials since its random and not based upon the ones you've completed already.
At least they should make it so the incomplete ones have a higher chance of spawning.

I like every other aspect of SSF like crafting, farming div cards, etc for specific loot but having to rely on rng to complete my ascendancy points is a bit lame. For this reason, I try to go with builds that are pretty much done with 6 points instead of relying on the full 8.
Today I saw Lingering pain for the first time..... I have been playing trade league because I was going mad because of that trial, I got 3 days and 9 hours /played on my current char (and that time is max 2 hrs of afk time)...

Plz ggg, plz do something!!!!!!!!

-Hapse

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info