HELP: How to identify valuable items?

All you need to understand is a spread to trade

e.g. WTB 3 for 1 WTS 2 for 1

That's how I did it when I didnt even understand what ES was. You don't have to know anything about game. We used to trade in trade channels and big board no ez sites to make thousands of these spreads.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jan 26, 2021, 8:26:08 AM
Make sure you have 'Advanced Mod descriptions' checked under the UI tab if you don't already. When you hold alt and mouse over an item you will be able to see the tiers of the stats. An item is generally good if it has t1 or t2 stats. You have to be familiar with what builds people are playing and what on gear makes those builds better. You can always check out some of the top builds and see what gear they're wearing and then if you see drops that have similar stats you'll know it might be worth hanging on to and trying to trade. I personally don't trade but this is how I learned what to hang on to for myself.
Arguing on the Internet: What's the point when you can't punch them in the face when they really piss you off?
Solution. Just go SSF instead. Problem solved.
One observation of trading in POE I made a long time ago is: Nobody in this game will ever let you underprice anything.

By that, i mean, lets say you list a 30c jewel for 3c. One of two things is going to happen -- you are either going to get whispered the second that jewel touches the tab, in which case you should pull up pathofexile.com/trade and search it. The other thing that could happen is you get spammed with 300000 whispers in half a second, in which case, you should search the item.

I do not recommend using poe.trade as Bergus suggested, use the official trade site or poeapp, poe.trade is like 20 minutes slow to update, sometimes literally days too slow to update.
There are no shortcuts in life. To value items correctly, you have to know the game, know which mods synergizes with eachother - and how high they can roll.

Sure, a trade macro can help you, but it's likely to misguide you if your knowledge isn't there. Take your time, learn the game, play some melee, play some casters, play some ranged - get a hold of what you need for each build.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
fazlez1 wrote:
Make sure you have 'Advanced Mod descriptions'...When you hold alt and mouse over an item you will be able to see the tiers of the stats. An item is generally good if it has t1 or t2 stats...

This is the best answer. Items with special mods are also valuable. Unusual mods. Like other say use good item filter, You could use NeverSink clones or mine SimpleFilter that is not clone, but shows all valuable with easy, vendor recipe or items with highest level.
🌞 Designer of SimpleFilter see My Item Filters 🌞
Thank you all for your comments, very much appreciated.
"
BishBishop2 wrote:
It just seems to me that trading is impossible without an encyclopaedic knowledge of the game, which for a casual gamer is beyond me.

You'll get the encyclopaedic knowledge yourself in a couple of years, but for now DON'T SELL RARE ITEMS.

There are lots of ways to farm currency in PoE, so specialize in one or two of them (and allocate a part of your gametime for this farming).

As for yellow (rare) items, - don't try to assess them, just vendor them or even better don't pick them up at all.
Last edited by Beglets on Jan 28, 2021, 9:17:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info