HELP: How to identify valuable items?

Hi there,

I'm not a full-time player and don't keep up with the forums, can someone please explain to me how I should be working out how much an item is worth to trade?

In the past I have found the trade macro helpful, but a little reading suggests this has been banned. No problem, I don't want to do anything that GGG doesn't like.

It just seems to me that trading is impossible without an encyclopaedic knowledge of the game, which for a casual gamer is beyond me.

My options appear to be:

1. Go Self Found
2. Type in each detail of every item manually in a forum every time I want something valued
3. ... I can't think of a 3

Any advice?
Bish.

*bump*
Last edited by BishBishop2 on Jan 25, 2021, 8:30:29 AM
Last bumped on Jan 28, 2021, 8:17:01 AM
Do I take it from the lack of responses there isn't an option 3?
use a trade macro then u can hover over an item press ctrl d and it will show u about how much it's worth it to give u an idea. but yeah best to take it with a grain of salt
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
"
BishBishop2 wrote:
Hi there,

I'm not a full-time player and don't keep up with the forums, can someone please explain to me how I should be working out how much an item is worth to trade?

In the past I have found the trade macro helpful, but a little reading suggests this has been banned. No problem, I don't want to do anything that GGG doesn't like.

It just seems to me that trading is impossible without an encyclopaedic knowledge of the game, which for a casual gamer is beyond me.

My options appear to be:

1. Go Self Found
2. Type in each detail of every item manually in a forum every time I want something valued
3. ... I can't think of a 3

Any advice?
Bish.

*bump*

You must do the old fashioned way:
1. Go to poe trade website
2. Put item mods 1by1 into search (life, res, atributes, crits, dmg, etc., ilvl, base, rolls, ...)
3. See what results you get
4. Learb to remember what's good and what is not
5. ...
6. Profit

In time you learn what items are worth checking out in trade, and what goes to vendor.

For example good stygian vise will always be more expensive than good leather blets (not considering influenced mods ofc).

Also when you get unique - check if it's max rolls or very close to max - these cost much much more than simple uniques.
Last edited by gageris on Jan 26, 2021, 4:17:05 AM
Uniques and gems are easy poe trade macro.

Rares takes time and understanding builds and what they value.

If you don't have time for that just ask yourself: would I wear this?

If you would do some price comparisons with similar stats
If not, vendor.

SSF is certainly viable nowadays but takes even more knowledge - like how to survive when you're not finding shit.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jan 26, 2021, 5:24:45 AM
Play SSF. No trade - no problems.
Another advice - use poe.ninja website.

Btw TradeMacro wasn't banned.

Also, understand mods' tiers and their connection to items levels. Use PoEDB.tw website to get info on specific mods or specific item bases.
"
BishBishop2 wrote:
trading is impossible without an encyclopaedic knowledge of the game

Trading certainly is possible without any knowledge, just post items for trade, set high prices on them and if nobody wants them just lower the prices each day. (and if you receive several whispers at once than you're probably underpricing an item)

As for encyclopaedic knowledge, you'll get it yourself in no time, in 3 or 4 years.

Using an established loot filter like Neversinks will help a lot. He highlights the valuable stuff. Rare items are harder to tell, but you'll know one when you see it.
"
BishBishop2 wrote:
How to identify valuable items?

1. Set your trade stash tab to "price on all items = 1c"
2. Put your items in there.
3. If there is some valuable item among them you'll receive barrage of whispers from people wanting to buy it.
4. Take that item out, check its real price and put it in another trade stash tab with new price.
5. ...
6. Profit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info