Significant Latency Spikes

Same here, lost a character or 4 already. Nothing has improved. I should probably make a totem character.
I just generated a WinMTR test to an instance with bad stuttering while connected to the california server althought I'm unsure if the raw pastepin is okay to post on the forum.
I dont have a great internet connection and figured the latency issues at start were related to this and the high number of enemies on screen. Things have come worse with time and its completely unplayable lately, i have gotten to the point of making a field test, I have cleaned a map, there is 0 enemies and the boss is done, also 2 of the 3 Rituals are cleared and only one Ritual stands. the latency is normal until you get close to the ritual site where it spikes unexplicably to the point where the character cant be controlled even without enemies on the screen.

I have attached a Youtube video with the issue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZremLoUr2g

I am pretty sure its not my computer, i7 7700K with a 1080Ti, the game runs on a 850 EVO SSD, i cant find any reason why the clent behaves like this, also cant figure why some people are greatly affected while others have no issues, hopefully GGG investigates this.

Neko
Just wanted to add that I have also been having this exact same issue (random latency spikes, inputs still being recorded and then the game "catching up") starting from yesterday. Everything was fine and dandy earlier in the league.

Could it be from the hotfix? Someone also mentioned it could be related to ryzen. I have a Ryzen 5 2600.
|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| WinMTR statistics |
| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
| ZenWiFi_CT8-4C58 - 0 | 328 | 328 | 1 | 3 | 17 | 1 |
| fritz.box - 0 | 328 | 328 | 1 | 3 | 18 | 2 |
| host-212-158-250-40.dslgb.com - 2 | 305 | 299 | 9 | 17 | 44 | 9 |
| 63.130.105.110 - 2 | 309 | 304 | 14 | 24 | 45 | 18 |
| ixmanchester.as13335.net - 2 | 309 | 304 | 15 | 27 | 109 | 27 |
| 162.158.32.9 - 3 | 301 | 294 | 15 | 26 | 69 | 25 |
| 172.65.216.246 - 2 | 309 | 304 | 14 | 23 | 46 | 24 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider

ran one of the traces incase it was helpful, a bit of packetloss however I was eyeballing this while doing waypoint to daresso in Act 4 and the few lost packets never coincided with a freeze - nor did anything show up on the latency graph when a freeze occurred.
Last edited by Draegnarrr on Jan 21, 2021, 3:02:11 PM
Same here, since last patch its almost unplayable. latency spikes, frame drops, crashes.
I hope it will get fixed soon.
Last league was everything ok, but i enjoy this league more.
Having the same problem here too, started today. Changed the servers but still with spikes.

Usually it's 40ms.

Any advise?
"
ardo123 wrote:
Just wanted to add that I have also been having this exact same issue (random latency spikes, inputs still being recorded and then the game "catching up") starting from yesterday. Everything was fine and dandy earlier in the league.

Could it be from the hotfix? Someone also mentioned it could be related to ryzen. I have a Ryzen 5 2600.

I too have Ryzen 5 2600. Been having unbearably inconsistent ping since league start.
Also having issues with lag spikes, worked fine after the patch for an hour or so, then logged out and when I came back the game was unplayable.
Also having latency spikes constantly. :[ This is definitely on the devs side if so many people are having issues.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info