Significant Latency Spikes

Been having this issue too. Seems to only occur around hostile entities. Fine in hideout, fine in town. Even fine in empty instances like the epilogue zones. As soon as I get within a screen of an enemy, latency spikes and disconnects. Thank god I'm playing poison and totems this league. Also only started happening today, was fine before that.

Also seems proportional to the number of enemies. Phase 1 Kitava - Fine. Phase 2 kitava - *Confused screaming*

Edit - Only started happening after the most recent patch. Roll back plz?
Last edited by Jimfarl on Jan 21, 2021, 6:15:57 AM
same here it is unplayable lags spikes frames drop to 3-2 FPS insaine !
Same problem here, started yesterday. I get constantly lag spikes to over 1k ms then it gose back to 30ms. its unplayable, game freeze every 15 seconds or so.
SAme issue
Only after latest Patch
massive spikes
Especially when many Mobs around anything over 10 will just trun it to a slideshow.

ROLL BACK the crappy patch.
Experiencing the same issue from MN. I've tried Washington, Texas and California servers to try to reduce and avoid it happening.

"
Chazuke wrote:

Attempted Resolutions:
- Uninstall and Re-Download the Path of Exile Client via Steam
- Restart Modem & Router
- Toggle renderer between DX 11 and Vulkan
- Reduce Graphics Fidelity in the Options Menu

For me it happens more often in vaal side areas, and seems to strongly correlate with the instance that is generated. So sometimes I can generate a new instance of a zone and avoid the issue but obviously this wont work for mapping and ascendency, anything not able to remake instance.

I switched from using the Washington DC server to the Texas server in a previous league because of stuttering like OP posted. However, now it's happening on every server I try. Not experiencing lag in other games or ping issues just PoE.

Sometimes I can generate very bad instances where I have 5 second screen freezes followed by the game catching up and doing all my inputs. And then generate a new instance and be okay. No idea how to troubleshoot this.

I'm not sure what information I could share to help this issue it's weird.
Same for me. Did not have any problems with lag or FPS drops up until 3 days ago. Please GGG, fix the issue.
I’ve had these too since this league. Never had lag like this before.
Ninja.
same symptoms as the OP except i've had a full screen freeze (where you can't close the game or logout) that lead to a HC death and i'm getting constant micro freezes every 20-30s. Strangely they quite often don't show up on the latency graph either (but some do).

I'd chalk this down to my ISP but I had no problems at league start and I also played all the race events prior and never had any significant freezes then either.
Gonna bump this with a followup, tried several different nodes (london is my usual, tried amsterdam and frankfurt) and experienced the same issues.

Moved to washington which i sometimes use to play with friends over there and the spikes are gone, or rather they manifest differently. Instead of my screen freezing then rushing to catch up while all my actions are processed I can move around freely but attacks are delayed.

So for example I can ice shot a mob, run past, then a second later i'll see the explosion and the monster will die. This doesn't happen constantly but I do notice it in similar frequency to my original problem.

I'll stick with Washington for now as at least I retain the ability to dodge stuff but hopefully the additional information is of use.
Same for me.Latancy ranged from 300-2000.Started after 3.13.0b update.The game is not playable,totally disappointed.

If no fix for this, i will skip this league.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info